Upgrade from 7.1 to 7.3.1 breaks studio scrolling for layout view

HI All

I have upgraded from 7.1 to 7.3.1 and have noticed the studio layout view for Contacts module is broken. I thinik its the same for other modules as well but haven’t checked yet.

I’ve attached a screen shoot below. As you can see the content goes below the bottom of the browser window but the scrolling. When comparing with the clean install of 7.3.1 instance there is no scrolling bar for the tool box. This is missing from the upgraded instance. The scrolling tool on the right side of layout is affecting the scrolling of the tool instead.

Just found out that the scrolling still after upgrading to 7.3.1 but I need to switch theme to SuiteR. I also tested with a clean install of SuiteCRM 7.3.1 and switch Suite 7 them and the scrolling is broken there for toolbox panel. I guess the problem is with the themes.

The problem I have now though is my layout of rows and fields seem to have screwed up.

Please see attachment.

Hi,

This is a known issue that seems to occur when using Google Chrome.
If you are using Google Chrome,you could try this on Mozilla Firefox, clear your cache, and see if the issue exists on Firefox?

HI John

I’ve just tested on firefox. Have cleared cache CTR+SHIFT+R on the page. See image below the toolbox scroll bar is still missing and is being affected by the scrollbar that’s meant to be for the layout of the Panels and rows.

There seems to be an issue even with the Suite R theme. Once we re-size the browser it will distort the layout

Hi sone,

In regards to Suite7 Theme scrolling, this is something that has been addressed and should hopefully be resolved soon: Github Pull #470

However, a way to fix this issue with SuiteR is to find the file /modules/ModuleBuilder/tpls/LayoutEditor.css

In this file you can find

#panels {
    border: 1px solid #cccccc;
    float: right;
    margin-left: 200px;
    padding: 5px 10px 5px 5px;
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
}

If you change padding: 5px 10px 5px 5px;
to: padding: 5px;

And clear your cache, repair and rebuild, it should solve it.

Thanks for the git link John

I’ve applied that fix to the css for Suite7 Theme and it looks good but there is one last issue. I now have both scrolling for tool box and layouts column.

If you look at the attached image the last issue is really just cosmetic but would be great to fix. The middle panel is missing the drop shadow. YOu can see making at adjustment to

<div class="yui-content" style="overflow-y: auto; height: 435px;">

Modify that lines height to 429px fixes it but I cant identify what style in the css to adjust to get this. The style in the html document is inline. I’m assuming this is done through a library.