Upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.2.3 - upload hangs

I’ve set PHP.ini parameters correctly according to the docs (i.e. post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, max_input_time, memory_limit) however when I upload the package, it hangs at 7% (every time)

I have also changed Admin->System Settings->Maximum upload size in SuiteCRM admin to 15000000.

upgradeWizard.log shows the below:
Sun, 09 Aug 2015 23:54:24 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - At upload.php
Sun, 09 Aug 2015 23:54:24 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - finding new files for upgrade
Sun, 09 Aug 2015 23:54:24 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - *** Potential error: patch found with either no ‘type’ or non-patch type [ upload://upgrades/module/Photography2014_04_02_154426.zip ]
Sun, 09 Aug 2015 23:54:24 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - *** UW using [ ] as source for patch files.

The module in question is one I previously created to customise the workflow for my business.

To test, I went into the module builder, clicked on my module, and deleted it, then tried the upload process again. This time the upload went all the way up to 100%, but this time simply refreshed the page when finished and loaded mydomain.com/crm/index.php, i.e. the homepage of CRM. I checked the upgradeWizard.log file and it remained unchanged.

Please help, thanks

Hi,

After making these changes to your php.ini file, did you restart your Apache/IIS service?
Please do this if you hadn’t

You can check your current version of SuiteCRM by clicking on “About”, found on the top-right of the CRM.
The most recent version of SuiteCRM is 7.4.1 which contains a lot of Functionality, Security Fixes and Bugfixes when compared to 7.2.3.

A workaround to this may be to Publish your Custom module. This will create an installable .zip file that can be loaded into the Module Loader.
After doing this, Delete your Custom Module, upgrade, and then re-install your Custom module with the Published .zip file.