Upgrade from 7.02 to 7.1.1 Fails

Hi,

An upgrade I tried to do on Wednesday failed and permissions had to be rewritten plus required a reboot of the machine.

The layouts were changed and added functionality of charts as dashboard widgets were available but I was not able to commit anything to the database. I should have checked this before spending a long time creating a quote.

From the looks of the logs database tables had not been modified but the front end has therefore it was trying to write to tables or fields that didn’t exist.

I have restored the system to the previous state from a snapshot and we are back to normal but I would like to try and do the upgrade again.

1. Should I know something about the permissions or groups that are changed as part of the upgrade process
  2. Could the machine specification be an issue (Amazon T1 Micro, 675Mb RAM, 25GB, 1VCPU)
  3. Is it better to wait until the 7.2 release is out?

Thanks for your attention :slight_smile:

David

Hi David,

After you perform an upgrade, it is advisable to run a Quick Repair & Rebuild. When you run this, scroll to the bottom. If there are any mismatches between the vardefs and db, execute these.

I presume your Amazon server is running linux? What version of MySQL/PHP are you using?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t run the repair, I’ll copy the machine and try again providing the data below seems OK to you, It is running Linux.

Dump of SQL Info:

Server version 5.5.37
Protocol version 10
Connection Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime: 3 days 2 hours 37 min 57 sec

Threads: 1 Questions: 468437 Slow queries: 2 Opens: 149 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 142 Queries per second avg: 1.743

PHP Dump:
PHP 5.3.28 (cli) (built: Mar 28 2014 23:49:47)