Upgrade fail while upgrade from 7.11.4 to any version

Hi all

I have upgrade SuiteCRM 7.11.4 running on my server and I am trying to upgrade to 7.11.15 but this fails
Every time I am trying to upgrade on last step I don’t know why this is happening but

All template is destroyed and I am not able to

Please let me know if any body has any solution

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Are you still having issues with this?

If so, After the upgrade fails, do you see any error messages in any of the:
Suitecrm.log, upgradeWizard.log or your php/apache logs?

It would also be worth ensuring that the permissions are set correctly on the instance before upgrading, just to rule that out.

These are typically recommended as:
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
(replacing www-data with whatever your web server user is)

Hi John

I am still facing this issue and try to upgrade to new suitecrm, I don’t know what goes wrong with this

I have already set this permission:
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data.

suitecrm log show some error

Thu Sep 17 08:33:01 2020 [13467][1][FATAL] Exception in Controller: Failed to parse Host URL ‘http://’
Thu Sep 17 08:33:01 2020 [13467][1][FATAL] backtrace:
#0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchClientBuilder.php(177): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchClientBuilder::sanitizeHost(Array)
#1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchClientBuilder.php(63): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchClientBuilder::loadFromSugarConfig()
#2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchIndexer.php(86): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchClientBuilder::getClient()
#3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchIndexer.php(576): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchIndexer->__construct()
#4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/modules/Administration/repairDatabase.php(179): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchIndexer::repairElasticsearchIndex()
#5 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/modules/Administration/QuickRepairAndRebuild.php(142): include_once(’/opt/lampp/htdo…’)
#6 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/modules/Administration/QuickRepairAndRebuild.php(124): RepairAndClear->repairDatabase()
#7 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/modules/Administration/views/view.repair.php(61): RepairAndClear->repairAndClearAll(Array, Array, false, true)
#8 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): ViewRepair->display()
#9 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(435): SugarView->process()
#10 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#11 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(113): SugarController->execute()
#12 /opt/lampp/htdocs/craigserver28.5.20/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#13 {main}

Hey,

Thanks for posting the suite log

What about the UpgradeWizard.log file, are there any upgrade-related errors in there that show at the times you have attempted the upgrade?

Additionally, would you be able to give a little more info on what goes wrong, when it does fail?
(ie: Blank Screen / Error on Screen / No option to continue)
Would you be able to send over a screenshot perhaps?

Each time the upgrade fails, make sure you clear up the cache/upgrades/temp directory before the next attempt.