Here I want to share a clear list of steps to follow when a new version of SuiteCRM 8 comes up
(like the newest 8.0.4) or when you are in need to reinstall the same version but want to keep
same db structure/info as well customization of the old one.
Let’s pretend old db=old_db and new db=new_db.
- Install new version creating a new db (new_db)
- Login to the new version and adjust admin password, perform a quick repair and logout
- Backup old db (old_db) via phpMyAdmin
- Restore old_db over the new_db via phpMyAdmin
- Copy old version custom directory (…/public/legacy/custom)
- Overwrite new version custom directory (…/public/legacy/custom)
- Login to the new version, perform a quick repair and it’s done
Can somebody confirm the goodness of the above steps?
Are they enough to get back the same the same old db, custom fields and other kind of customization?
Thanks for letting me know