upgrade 7.7.4 => 7.9.17 => 7.10.4 fails

My system is Ubuntu 14.04, mysql 5.7, php 5.5.9. SuiteCRM 7.7.4.
I’m trying to upgrade to SuiteCRM 7.10.4.
Upgrading to 7.9.17 works fine. But then when I start upgrading from 7.9 to 7.7.10 after the upgrade starts I only see blank screen.
I tried to use php 7.0. The same blank screen.
In the apache error log I see

[Fri Apr 13 14:36:22.806375 2018] [:error] [pid 2409] [client 10.1.12.252:57292] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in /var/www/crm/cache/upgrades/temp/vWejYv/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.4/modules/Contacts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php:51\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/crm/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(707): require()\n#1 /var/www/crm/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(756): EditViewMerge->loadData(‘Contacts’, ‘modules/Contact…’, ‘/var/www/crm/ca…’, ‘custom/modules/…’)\n#2 /var/www/crm/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(209): EditViewMerge->merge(‘Contacts’, ‘modules/Contact…’, ‘/var/www/crm/ca…’, ‘custom/modules/…’, true)\n#3 /var/www/crm/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(180): SugarMerge->mergeFile(‘Contacts’, ‘detailviewdefs…’, true, true)\n#4 /var/www/crm/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(150): SugarMerge->mergeModule(‘Contacts’, true, true, true)\n#5 /var/www/crm/modules/UpgradeWizard/commit.php(278): SugarMerge->mergeAll(true, true, true)\n#6 in /var/www/crm/cache/upgrades/temp/vWejYv/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.4/modules/Contacts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php on line 51, referer: https://crm7104./index.php?module=Administration&action=index

What can be done? Maybe there is a better way to upgrade from 7.7.4 to 7.10.4?

I have the same problem with upgrade from 7.9.17 => 7.10.4. Did you find a solution. In my instance I added several fields to the module “contacts”. Can this cause the problem. I hope not.

In order to make upgrade wizard working again (no blank screen), you can do “mv upgrades upgradesX” so that SuiteCRM is forced to create a new directory “upgrades”. After that the blank screen in the upgrade wizard is gone away, but the problem occurs again with you try updating again.

I solved the problem by removing all files in custom/ which where enumerated in the
“Upgrade process will update some files but these files also exist in custom/ folder. Please review the changes before continuing:”
warning. There wasn’t such warning before and they (the customizations) didn’t get in the way before.

Thanks for the “mv upgrades upgradesX”, it simplified the process.

Hi guys,

This should now be resolved with the latest version of the upgrade packs. Let me know if you encounter any more issues.

Thanks.

Hi,

The error also occurs in SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.5:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in C:\xampp\htdocs\mycrm\cache\upgrades\temp\FFC3.tmp\SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.4\modules\Contacts\metadata\detailviewdefs.php:51

I deleted SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.5\modules\Contacts\metadata\detailviewdefs.php in SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.5.zip. This file is already in scripts\files_to_add_post\modules\Contacts\metadata folder in SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.10.5.zip.
I run again the upgrade process from 7.9.5 to 7.10.5 and all went well.