Updating suiteCRM on Docker

The context is as follows: I have a suiteCRM system version 8.2.3, and I want to upgrade it to version 8.5.1. My issue is the following: I tried to follow the upgrade guide, which says I should use the command β€œ./bin/console suitecrm:app:upgrade -t β€œβ€β€. The problem is that since suiteCRM is in a Docker container, I’m not sure which root directory to access or how to execute that command to update it.
This is being done to check if the system remains configured as it currently is after the update, or if any changes are lost during the version upgrade.

Source: Upgrading :: SuiteCRM Documentation

Hey @Tatiana,

You need to run the commands from the main SuiteCRM directory, the one that has bin, core, etc.

For a brief description on how to upgrade, the following post might help:

1 Like

@Tatiana
From inside the docker container, try these commands:

cd /opt/bitnami/suitecrm
mkdir -p tmp/package/upgrade
wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/suitecrm/files/SuiteCRM-8.5.1.zip/download -Otmp/package/upgrade/SuiteCRM-8.5.1.zip
#now run reset permissions commands.
find . -type d -not -perm 2755 -exec chmod 2755 {} \;
find . -type f -not -perm 0644 -exec chmod 0644 {} \;
find . ! -user daemon -exec chown daemon:daemon {} \;
chmod +x bin/console
#now run upgrade commands.
./bin/console suitecrm:app:upgrade -t SuiteCRM-8.5.1
./bin/console suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize -t SuiteCRM-8.5.1
1 Like

Thank you very much @cris001, after several attempts I found a video where they explained more or less how to do it, and then I was able to deduce that what I was missing were those permissions you describe. I was able to update the version in docker!

In my case, as it is a suiteCRM with several modifications and creations of custom modules, I used: ./bin/console suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize -m merge SuiteCRM-8.5.1 to make them merge.

My current problem is that after updating it, it’s not using the Spanish language, even though I have installed the language module that I require. For now, I will try downloading the language module again, uninstalling the one it has, and reinstalling it to see if it works. It’s surprising that it doesn’t recognize that it has that module installed and loaded.

1 Like

It appears the command you ran ./bin/console suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize -m merge SuiteCRM-8.5.1 merged your several modifications and custom modules, however it failed to merge your installed language packs!
Could you make a new issue on github about how it failed to merge your installed language packs? And include a link to your post here.

Hello chris001, I was able to solve it by reinstalling the language package. The one I had was Spanish 8.2, but when I downloaded the new Spanish package, it was version 8.6. Upon installing the new package, the previous one was automatically deactivated. Finally, I logged out and logged back in, and it was already in Spanish again.

1 Like