Update Version 7.9.12 with PHP version 7.1

Hi,

I really hope somebody can help me with this.

I´m using a customized suitecrm version 7.9.12 on a PHP version 7.1 now for a couple of years.

It´s stored on webhosting platform and I´ve just received an email from them saying that they will remove all PHP versions below 7.3.

The hosting company mentioned to upgrade the crm to at least a crm version which will be compatible with a PHP version 7.4".

If I understand everything correctly the current version of my suitecrm (7.9.12) is not compatible with a PHP version higher then 7.1

My question is how to update/upgrade my Suite CRM without having errors and conflict?

Thanks for any help getting me in the right direction!!

1. Take a Full backup of all of your Suite files, and of your database.
  2. Are you aware whether all your customizations are upgrade-safe?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I really don´t know if it´s upgrade safe, is there a way to check this?

And how do I make a backup of the Suite files and Database? This has to be done manually, downloading it to my PC?

1. Mariabackup Overview - MariaDB Knowledge Base then tar + gz the Suite files - your host tech support should help you with this.
  2. Could you ask the dev(s) who made your Suite customizations - are they upgrade safe?

Hi, wow that looks more complicated then I thought :upside_down_face:

Since I do have just a couple of days until the hosting provider will remove the outdated PHP and a don´t like to rush this, would it be possible and maybe easier at this moment to install the same Suitecrm version 7.9.12 local on my pc and copy the the Crm files and database from the online server to my pc?

This will give me more time to inform myself and read over all of the information.

Thanks!

Are you using mysql or mariadb? Version?

Did you check here? You should backup + upgrade to 7.10 or higher, to run with PHP 7.3 + :

You can take backup of you CRM files and DB from server to local. That will save all your working files and data. Next what you can do it replicate that working system and try to run upgrade on your local system. Once you have upgraded crm to latest, you can move files back to server for using again.

Thanks cherub-chum, what I can use best, Xampp?

I use WSL on Windows to run SuiteCRM locally in a Ubuntu “app”. It’s really easy and I get the most compatible system to run SuiteCRM on. Much less problematic than any Windows PHP like xampp etc

Yesterday I´ve installed the same SuiteCrm Version 7.9.12 locally on my pc (windows 11) with Xampp version 7.1.33.

My question now is which files and database I have to download from the online server and install them on my pc? And what are the steps to do this?

I´ve been searching for this in the forum but I just didn´t find any easy tutorial to do this…

Thanks!!

As mentioned in my previous messages I´ve installed a same copy of SuiteCrm (version 7.9.12) locally on my pc (with Xampp version 7.1.33).

I´ve downloaded my old Crm (Zip File) from the webhosting server and downloaded as well all the data (clients, invoices…) in a SQL file to my pc.

My question is how I can upload those two to my new installed SuiteCrm on my pc?

Many thanks!!

Hi, I´ve installed the backed up suitecrm files locally but im getting the next error when I try to run the crm:

Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details. in C:\xampp\htdocs\gmncrm\include\utils.php:1762 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\gmncrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php(290): sugar_die(‘Could not conne…’) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\gmncrm\include\database\DBManagerFactory.php(147): MysqliManager->connect(Array, true) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\gmncrm\include\entryPoint.php(179): DBManagerFactory::getInstance() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\gmncrm\index.php(47): require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #4 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\gmncrm\include\utils.php on line 1762

Somebody has a idea what this means and where to correct this error?
Thanks!!

• Check if your PHP has database modules installed (mysqli or mssqli) and enabled

• check database credentials in config.php

Hi pgr, and how and where can I check this, in phpMyAdmin?

There is light at they end of the tunnel!!

Same version of Suitecrm is installed on my pc (locally) Data (sql) is uploaded… I can see all my clients, quotes, invoices… in the new crm on my pc…

The only thing that´s missing is to import my old crm structure and documents (pdf templates).

Somebody can tell me how and where to download this from my old server and how to upload this to the new one?

Thank you!!!

You will find plenty of relevant information about migrations here:

Thanks pgr for getting me in the right direction, finally I managed to have a complete copy and working crm locally on my pc. Everything is visible and functioning the same as the online version :+1:

I have only one last question, I´m getting some display errors and I would like to hide them.

I found on the forum that this can be done by by changing the the php.ini file to set display_errors = Off

But I can´t find this file (php.ini), should it be stored under c:xampp/php?

Because I only have php.ini-development and php.ini-production in this folder.

Thanks…

In Admin/Diagnostics get the phpinfo file and see inside it the location of your php.ini

Solved!!! Thanks for all your quick replies and for all the information you have provided pgr, you have been a great help, really appreciated!!

Take care and maybe soon we will be in contact again when I have time to upgrade my online version :upside_down_face:

Wish you all the best!

1 Like