Undefined Label of Quotes Module if SuiteCRM is reached via IP address

Hi, I am new to suitecrm and experiencing some issues:
Problem:

• Some labels shows ‘Undefined’, especially few, but not all, labels in quotes module. Other modules seems to be fine.
  • We are only encountering this problem if the server is reached via its IP. If reached via https://crm.mydomain.tld all labels are working fine.

suitecrm Version: 7.11.15
The suitecrm is installed in synology nas running webstation running PHP version 7.3 and mariadb10.

Some workarounds I tried:

• rebuilt .htaccess, config.php and quick repair but no success
  • changed the ‘site_url’ to use ip address but the problem was simply reversed (undefined shows if the server is reached by FQDN)
  • permissions seem to be working fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Solution is to stop someone reaching the site via the IP address.

The reason that you get this message is that the webroot config.php file expects the name of the site being connected to to be crm.mydomain.tld

-----------8x--------------
‘site_url’ => ‘https://crm.mydomain.tld’,
-----------8x--------------

So…how to correct this? Ideas:

a. Disable the webserver from accepting the IP address in the appropriate configuration file.
b. Create an auto forward (30x error in the non suiteCRM instance)
c. Insert an index.html which has an auto refresh in the html head to forward from the no desired IP access to the correct suitecrm instance. (Different document root required for the non desired server access process.
d. Use of mod_rewrite if an apache server.
e. For apache, you could potentially use servername/serveralias to resolve the issue

Hopefully the above provides enough pointers for you? If you need further assistance we probably need more information about your webserver and configuration.

Looking here:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Service_Application/How_to_host_a_website_on_Synology_NAS

Simplest solution is to create another website for just the IP address and autoforward people to the correct URL:

Good ol’ Stack Overflow :grinning:

Hi,

Yes you are correct. I do the other way around, which is to use IP address instead of the FQDN and change the ‘site_url’ to server’s IP. I forgot to mention that the server is for internal access only and we have internal DNS resolving the FQDN. Since VPN users are in ‘split-tunnel’ I expect that they might not reach the webserver if they use the FQDN, due to DNS(unless I am wrong on this?). Anyway, users are fine with using the IP address instead of FQDN.

Thanks for the response, Keep Safe!

Glad to hear that you came up with a solution that works for you. Of course You could direct people to the internal address by setting up an additional entry on your internal DNS server. This may require a bit of effort to ensure that those using the VPN capability also get information from that server.

Another alternative is to add an entry to the:

/etc/hosts (for linux)
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (for windows)

…and they’ll automatically be connected to the correct server via the fqdn:)