Undefined fields

Hi,

I have a fresh install of the SuiteCRM and i have noticed that primarily in the quotes (AOS) module there are a bunch of fields that are just labeled as ‘Undefined’. Their functionality still works and i can figure out what they are for using an element inspector but thats not really the point. I have checked and double checked the permissions on the files and have ran through installing it multiple times and haven’t got any install errors… whats happening? am i doing something wrong? The screenshot attached shows what it looks like when adding a line item.

Thanks,
Jono

Hi Jono,

Please set the following recommended permissions:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

After doing so, please perform a Quick Repair & Rebuild via Admin -> Repair.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for that. Although I don’t have root access to the server so i couldn’t run the sudo chown -R www-data:www-data command, i did the other two via FileZilla, and then ran the Repair function which initially did nothing, but then i ran a couple of the other repair options (I think it was after i rebuilt the Config file) and it seems to have fixed it :slight_smile:

We’re having the same problem and tried your fix but ended up with some problems.

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data [color=#ff0000]<<< Says invalid user. there is no www-data folder. We’ve installed everything in a folder called crm under the public_html folder[/color]

sudo chmod -R 755 [color=#ff0000]<<< this executed with no problems[/color]

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php [color=#ff0000]<<< this executed with no problems as well but caused an Error 500 internal error. And we had to restore from a snapshot of the server.[/color]

Additonally, before we moded the perms i tried to upload a CSV file of products for the Quotes module bia the import function…but it gets stuck at 9% and stays stuck. I have to clear the session cookies in order to be able to get back into Sugar.

Hi shields,

What is your Server/PHP/MySQL setup?

Thanks,

Will.

CENTOS 6.5 x86_64
WHM 11.42.0 (build 20)

Server Version: Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

MySQL: 5.1.73
PHP Version 5.4.24

SuiteCRM: Version 7.0.1
Sugar Version 6.5.16 (Build 1082)

Hi shields,

With CentOS the user is apache, not www:data.

Thanks,

Will.

What about the folder? There’s no www:data folder?

Hi shields,

The sudo chown command is setting the ownership of the folders inside your SuiteCRM directory to www:data(apache in your case), not setting permissions on a www:data folder.

Thanks,

Will.

OK, I’m sorry if I’m a little dense on this one…so the command should be:

sudo chown -R apache:apache

or…

sudo chown -R apache:crm ???

I’m new to command line on linux so I’m just trying to understand the instructions correctly.

Hi shields,

For a standard CentOS stack it is:

sudo chown -R apache:apache

This may differ if you are using custom flavours etc.

Thanks,

Will.

We’re using the standard CentOs I sent you.

I’m going into the crm directory via /shieldse/public_html/crm directory and running that command… sudo chown -R apache:apache

Returns the following: missing operand

going back to /shieldse/public_html and running the command

sudo chown -R apache:apache /crm returns the following error

invalid user

I’m at a loss. It’s just a standard CentOS install in a VMware.

Hi shields,

Please see if this topic sheds any light on your issue with the invalid user error.

Thanks,

Will.

Added apache group
Added apache user

cd: /shieldse/public_html/crm

Ran

chown -R apache:apache …/crm

Worked this time with no errors

Ran

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Worked this time with no errors

Go to our Suite CRM page…

Internal Server Error :frowning:

Just went back in and restored to our earlier snapshot again. Did not add apache user or group.

Did not set chmod -R 755

Instead on a whim, I logged in to the crm directory via Filezilla and set the permissions on cache data modules themes custom upload and config_override.php to 775 recursively on all files and folders.

Works now.

Hi shields,

That’s great. It is unusual that the recommended permissions would not work/were causing errors. It may be that you consult someone who is an expert/is familiar with CentOS and installing SugarCRM/SuiteCRM on a CentOS environment.

Thanks,

Will.