Undefined field names and confirmation boxes - permissions triple checked!

Attached is a screen just of ‘Undefined’ field labels in the Workflow Creation screen. I also get these in confirmation boxes just about any time I go to delete any kind of record.

I know someone is going to say “check you permissions” and “do a repair” but I’ve done that, many times, in numerous ways and it’s just not fixing the problem.

Please, someone, help with more specific information about how I can troubleshoot these specific fields and so I can maybe make progress with this. Too many hours and I’m getting ready to throw in the towel with SuiteCRM.

Thank you,

Doug

I know you have set permissions, but please double check on cache/include/jsLanguage/en_us.js. Please also disable Workflow in Admin -> System Settings -> Configure AJAX User Interface. Then navigate to the module, then re-enable, navigate back to the module, see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Will.

Thank you for the reply. In my instance, there is no cache/include/jsLanguage/* path. I have cache/ include/ and jsLanguage/. I have cache/jsLanguage/en_us.js, but not the path/file in your suggestion.

I am running 7.2.1 upgraded from 7.1.1, using the SuiteR theme. PHP 5.3.29

I completed the Configure Ajax User Interface sequence you suggested which did not resolve or change the issue. What else might I try?

Thank you,

Doug

I decided to try something different. I installed a completely new instance on my hosts server using Softaculous, SuiteCRM v. 7.2. I pointed the new instance to my existing database. On install, warning messages everywhere, so I set display_errors = Off in php.ini. But, “undefined” problem still there. In php.ini, set error_reporting = E_ALL (previously E_ALL & ~E_STRICT) and the undefined problem was FIXED!? I must note that the Softaculous install is working on permissions for all folders 755 and files 644.

So, out of curiosity, I copied the same php.ini file to the broken instance, and set all folders to 755, files to 644 (same server, different installs) using the follwing commands:

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;

2 installs, same server, same php.ini, same permissions, one is broken, one works. So, if you’re following my process of elimination, I might suspect a problem with the upgrade package. Related to missing the cache/include/jsLanguage/* path?

The only other difference is that one install (the broken one) is on a folder outside the public_html directory and on a subdomain, for which I made the necessary adjustments in config.php for site url and access via URL such as crm.domain.com. To my knowledge, this shouldn’t be a problem. Curious what you make of it.

Doug

On closer inspection, the “new” install doesn’t have a cache/include/jsLanguage/en_us.js either. Only cache/jsLanguage/en_us.js. So I’m confused by your suggestion to “please double check on cache/include/jsLanguage/en_us.js”.

I was having the same problem with undefined labels in several modules.
SuiteCRM was not getting the correct path for ‘cache/jsLanguage/en_us.js’ file and the issue was in .htaccess file. The RewriteBase directive was incorrectly defined. It was not updated properly when the system was deployed on live server.
We Changed it
To: RewriteBase /
and that fixed the issue.

SuiteCRM was the folder name in document root folder, it was working fine till the point we used IP address for accessing the system. After the URL is setup RewriteBase needs to be updated accordingly.

Thank You,
Talha Shams
Persephone Technologies
www.persephone-technologies.com

1 Like

Hi shams,

I am new to this and i have been having the same problem.

Kindly explain to me step by step on how to implement this in the installation files , i am sure it will work. I am using suite 7.3 beta.

Hi Sheialba,
Please give me the following details:

1. What is the server environment? Is it a Linux based VPS?
  2. What is your current path of SuiteCRM root folder?
  3. What URL are you using to access SuiteCRM?
  4. Do all folder and files have proper permission and ownership setup?

Regards,
Talha

Hi tshams,

Thanks for the reply.

1. The environment is Linux.

2. I have installed it in a sub-domain of my main domain.

3. I don’t Know to check if the permissions are okay.

kindly assist.

Please connect on skype if you want direct assistance.

Thanks Tshams,

You have been of help. THANKS YOU.