Unable to Upgrade 7.8.5 to 7.10.29

I’m trying to upgrade from 7.8.5 with the file SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.29.zip.
1: System Check - OK
2: Upload Upgrade Package - OK
3: Preflight Check - OK
4: Commit Upgrade -> File Copying in Progress -> Blank Screen

Can’t see any errors that look relevant. Any ideas?
This is on a cloud web hosting server from SiteGround so I have limited access to file system.

php_errorlog

[26-Jan-2021 05:53:17 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/fileinfo.so’ - /usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/fileinfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[26-Jan-2021 05:54:14 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/fileinfo.so’ - /usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/fileinfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[26-Jan-2021 05:54:18 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/fileinfo.so’ - /usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/fileinfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

upgradeWizard.log

Tue, 26 Jan 2021 05:55:33 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - file backup done.
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 05:55:33 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - Running pre_install()…
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 05:55:33 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - pre_install() done.

Error Log - Last entry is before the errors above:
2021-01-26 04:59:53 UTC [apache][:error] [pid 98079] [client 203.118.146.133:60488] script not found or unable to stat: /home/u941-a8kk67pbwa2u/www/crm-staging.adcelr8.nz/public_html/index.php, referer: https://crm-staging.adcelr8.nz/index.php?module=Home&action=About

suitecrm.log - has nothing from today

php.ini:
upload_max_filesize = 128M
max_execution_time = 6000
post_max_size = 128M
memory_limit = 512M

config.php
‘default_permissions’ =>
array (
‘dir_mode’ => 1517,
‘file_mode’ => 420,
‘user’ => ‘’,
‘group’ => ‘’,
),

Install the fileinfo PHP extension in Windows, and enable it in your php.ini

Thanks for that, I have now resolved the fileinfo error (note this is a Linux installation, not Windows).

Ran the upgrade again -> blank screen -> No Errors in any of the logs:

• PHP Error Log - no new entries
  • php_errorlog is empty (as I cleaned it out once fileino error was resolved)
  • upgradeWizard.log
    Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:22:00 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - file backup done.
    Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:22:00 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - Running pre_install()…
    Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:22:00 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - pre_install() done.

Try clearing the entire cache/upgrades/temp folder and restarting the upgrade.

Tell me if you notice any long delays before the upgrade breaks.

Already tried that several times. No long delays. Blank screen immediately after File Copying in Progress message…

… but I’ve just changed log level to debug and run upgrade again, and I see that suitecrm.log is still populating long after screen goes blank. So looks like upgrade is still running in the background. Will leave this run over night and see what happens …

I was never able to resolve this issue. As I mentioned above, Commit Upgrade -> File Copying in Progress -> Blank Screen. No long delays. Nothing in the logs other than what appears to be polling messages in suitecrm.log when log level is set to debug.

I really don’t have time to spend on this. Does anyone provide a service where I can provide our source code and database, they perform the update for me in their own environment, and then I can copy it back to my production system?

I’ll send you a Private Message.

Have you disabled PHP Error display? For the upgrade can you change your File Perms to 0777 recursively and turn back to normal once done?

Not sure what you mean by “disabled PHP Error display”. Should it be enabled? Where would this setting be?
Changed all permissions to 777 and ran the upgrade again, with same result. Blank screen immediately after “file copying in progress” message. Nothing in the error logs.