Dear SuiteCRM Community,
we have installed SuiteCRM Version 7.13.1 (Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)) and have now configured the smtp and outbound email settings.
Configuration of SMTP seems to work, i.e., if we test the settings, the email is successfully sent.
However, if we try to send the email using the email module (compose), an empty popup window appears and it seems to hang.
In the log file I can see:
Tue Mar 14 16:37:02 2023 [FATAL] Couldn’t connect to mail server id: 3b1a7b1f-7a2e-f957-fdc1-63d38e224610
Tue Mar 14 16:37:02 2023 [FATAL] SCHEDULERS: could not get an IMAP connection resource for ID [ 3b1a7b1f-7a2e-f957-fdc1-63d38e224610 ]. Skipping mailbox [ email@example.com ].
Howeer, the settings seem to be fine as I can send test emails from the configured account.
Does anyone have an idea why this could happen?
based on the error message you provided, it seems like the issue is related to the IMAP connection resource for the mailbox, not the SMTP configuration. Here are some things you can try to resolve the issue:
- Verify IMAP settings: Make sure that the IMAP settings for the mailbox are correct. You can check the IMAP server, port, encryption, and login credentials.
- Check mailbox permissions: Verify that the user has permission to access the mailbox. Check the user’s role and permissions to make sure they have access to the mailbox.
- Test IMAP connection: Try testing the IMAP connection using a third-party tool, such as telnet or openssl, to see if you can connect to the mailbox. This can help determine if there is an issue with the mailbox or the connection.
- Increase logging: Increase the logging level for the scheduler and email module to get more detailed error messages. This can help identify the root cause of the issue.
- Check file permissions: Verify that the file permissions are set correctly for the SuiteCRM files and directories. Make sure that the web server user has the necessary permissions to access and modify the files.
- Upgrade to a newer version: Consider upgrading to a newer version of SuiteCRM that includes bug fixes and improvements related to email and IMAP.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to consult with a SuiteCRM expert or developer to further investigate the issue.