Unable to search / filter for custom fields

Hello,
I’ve created some custom fields for Project Task module
2 of them are datetime 1 is a dropdown and 1 a textfield

I’ve tried to add some of those fields in the search mask (both basic and advanced) but the date time fields do not work. (whatever you insert in the search field doesn’t reflect on the search results) while the other 2 fields work properly.

I’ve tried many rebuild and repair with no success.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Carlo

you need to enable Range Search in that custom field in studio to make this to work in search

best regards

Thank you Mike for your quick reply.
Unfortunately I’ve already enabled Range Search with no benefits.

Carlo

are you sure that maybe you don’t have another field filtered? I’ve just tested this and is working for me, can you check your logs? try to search only by that datetime field and see what happens.

best regards

I tried but nothing happens :frowning:

You can try by yourself on http://geatest.araneus.it/index.php?module=ProjectTask&action=index (user: admin | pass: araneus2016) I’m going to change it before leaving the office.
LBL_DATA_CHIUSURA_NUOVA and LBL_DATA_PRESA_IN_CARICO don’t work while LBL_TIPO_CHIAMATA and LBL_SOLLECITO work correctly

Carlo

I don’t think is a good idea to post your credentials on the forums, but anyway I tried in your CRM and it worked for me, see the screenshot

i cano use the filter in task. not shure if is the same problem.
the icon of filter

Hi there,

I am new with SuiteCRM customizing.
I am currently adding the fields we need to filter our contacts (leads/ opportunities/accounts) database.

You can add a custom field to the search filter by:

1. After creating & deploying a custom field GO TO Studio
  2. Open the module where you created your custom field (eg: “leads”)
  3. Go to to “Layout” submenu
  4. Go to Filter subsubmenu
  5. Edit quick search layout or detailed search layout
  6. Drag the fields you would like to appear in quick search or detailed search
  7. Save & Deploy

It worked perfectly for me with just a few clicks.

Cheers

2 Likes

Its worked with me too, perfectly, thanks alot! :grin: