unable to finish installation database connected but empty

HI people ,
I am trrying to install a suite crm on my ubuntu 17.10
it connects to the database , the user and password are authenticated , but it seems that thte database has to be full of data i think , cause i am trying to finish the installation but , it is stucked up in the 2nd step , when i see the logs , i see the following output:

Query Failed: SELECT id, name, symbol, conversion_rate FROM currencies WHERE status = ‘Active’ and deleted = 0: MySQL error 1146: Table ‘suitecrm_db.currencies’ doesn’t exist
Mon Nov 13 18:41:22 2017 [24229][-none-][FATAL] Unable to retrieve system settings Query Failed: SELECT category, name, value FROM config: MySQL error 1146: Table ‘suitecrm_db.config’ doesn’t exist
Mon Nov 13 18:41:26 2017 [24230][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone America/New_York. Please set date.timezone=“America/New_York” in php.ini!
Mon Nov 13 18:41:26 2017 [24230][-none-][FATAL] Query Failed: SELECT id, name, symbol, conversion_rate FROM currencies WHERE status = ‘Active’ and deleted = 0: MySQL error 1146: Table ‘suitecrm_db.currencies’ doesn’t exist
Mon Nov 13 18:41:26 2017 [24230][-none-][FATAL] Unable to retrieve system settings Query Failed: SELECT category, name, value FROM config: MySQL error 1146: Table ‘suitecrm_db.config’ doesn’t exist

The installer creates the database from scratch, it’s better to delete everything and retry.

Make sure your permissions are correctly set according to the instructions on the Installation Guide.

Make sure you have generous values in php.ini for memory_size and max_execution_time

Make sure you set date.timezone to get rid of that error. Every FATAL error must be fixed, otherwise you don’t know which PHP processes are getting interrupted.

Or find out the location of your php.ini file for cli by running from the command line

php --ini

and modify this one accordingly

@jansiero but in this case, the CLI is not being used yet, since he hasn’t configured cron jobs yet. So his relevant php.ini will be the other one, for the web server. This is usually easier to find out, even in shared hostings.

Once SuiteCRM is installed, that can be grabbed from Admin / Diagnostics / phpinfo.

Or it can be retrieved with a simple PHP script invoked from the browser. This command creates a script called info.php (adjust the directory to fit the specific installation)

sh -c 'echo "<?php phpinfo(); ?>" > /var/www/html/info.php'

And then it can invoked from the browser with something like

www.yoursite.org/info.php
1 Like

Hi pgr, my mistake, I wanted to answer another Thread and dumped my answer in this thread by mistake.