Unable to edit fields, receiving "Failed to retrieve data"

Brand new install using the bitnami suitecrm:latest docker image, I am trying to click on “Fields” for leads and I get this error in the docker log:

Uncaught Error: Attempt to modify property “vardefs” on null in /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/modules/ModuleBuilder/views/view.modulefields.php:109\nStack trace:\n#0 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(210): ViewModulefields->display()\n#1 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()\n#2 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(363): SugarController->processView()\n#3 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(101): SugarController->execute()\n#4 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()\n#5 {main}\n thrown in /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/modules/ModuleBuilder/views/view.modulefields.php on line 109

It’s showing as 8.0.1 in the About screen. Can anyone help? I really want to like SuiteCRM but these kinds of cryptic problems are making me lean towards other solutions.

SuiteCRM 8 is having a lot of issues with PHP 8… and all of the latest images out there are installing PHP 8.

If you pin your docker image to this version, it will work. This has PHP 7 installed.

image: docker.io/bitnami/suitecrm:8.1.0-debian-10-r0

https://hub.docker.com/layers/suitecrm/bitnami/suitecrm/8.1.0-debian-10-r0/images/sha256-d92d468bf8754283cccc0354c7b1270e04735d1c61345372333879faa258d217?context=explore