Unable to change Assigned to

Hi, I am an admin in our SuiteCRM installation. I want to change a an accounts’s assigned to field to another user and i get the error " This page isn’t working xxxx is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"

I am able to sav the record when i try to change any other information, account name, address, url etc… but getting an error only when i am trying to changed who the account is assigned to? what am I doing wrong? the suitecrm log does not indicate anything specific regarding this error.

Did you check also the php_errors.log? (or whatever your PHP web server log is called)

Below is the error.log in var/log/apache2

[Tue Apr 09 14:03:27.961242 2024] [php:error] [pid 181573] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mb_encode_mimeheader(): Return value must be of type string, null returned in /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/bootstrap80.php:21\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/include/Localization/Localization.php(456): mb_encode_mimeheader()\n#1 /var/www/html/data/SugarBean.php(3372): Localization->translateCharsetMIME()\n#2 /var/www/html/data/SugarBean.php(3285): SugarBean->create_notification_email()\n#3 /var/www/html/data/SugarBean.php(3244): SugarBean->send_assignment_notifications()\n#4 /var/www/html/data/SugarBean.php(2411): SugarBean->_sendNotifications()\n#5 /var/www/html/include/SugarObjects/templates/company/Company.php(105): SugarBean->save()\n#6 /var/www/html/modules/Accounts/AccountFormBase.php(511): Company->save()\n#7 /var/www/html/modules/Accounts/Save.php(55): AccountFormBase->handleSave()\n#8 /var/www/html/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(824): include_once(‘…’)\n#9 /var/www/html/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile()\n#10 /var/www/html/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(210): ViewClassic->display()\n#11 /var/www/html/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()\n#12 /var/www/html/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(363): SugarController->processView()\n#13 /var/www/html/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(101): SugarController->execute()\n#14 /var/www/html/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()\n#15 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/bootstrap80.php on line 21, referer: https://{site name redacted}/index.php

See this thread

Okay, any help, how do I get this working?

saw a post and installed other php dependencies … it is all good now.

apt install php8.2-common php8.2-mysql php8.2-xml php8.2-xmlrpc php8.2-curl php8.2-gd php8.2-imagick php8.2-cli php8.2-dev php8.2-imap php8.2-mbstring php8.2-opcache php8.2-soap php8.2-zip php8.2-ldap php8.2-intl -y

Awesome! :partying_face: