Unable to access Studio " Static function AbstractMetaDataParser::_trimFieldDefs()"

Hi Guys!

I have just setup Suite CRM on one of my shared hosting servers as I am keen to learn about it, I previously installed Sugar CRM but was facing issues with white screens after install and not being able to load the CRM at all.

Suite CRM loads up just fine after installing but I am not able to access studio, once I load it I get a error message:
“Strict Standards: Static function AbstractMetaDataParser::_trimFieldDefs() should not be abstract in /home/masterso/public_html/crm/modules/ModuleBuilder/parsers/views/AbstractMetaDataParser.php on line 122”

I have tried to disable the error messages but as my installation is on a shared hosting account I am limited and have no access to php.ini so I am not sure what work arounds there are, I have encounterred “Strict Standard” errors with other php applications and sometimes just turn them off but as my error prevents the page loading correctly I am thinking the error must be resolved.

Attached is a screenshot and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Matt.

Hi,

You could try adding the line:

ini_set(display_errors,0);

to your SuiteCRM’s index.php file, like the screenshot attached.

Then save changes, refresh browser cache, and try loading studio again.

1 Like

Thanks John, that did the trick!

Funny enough I had tried before but had not added “ini_set” in front of the command, cheers.

Hi guys

I don’t know if this the correct solution you just are hidding the error.

I solved the error just commenting this line:

//abstract static function _trimFieldDefs ( $def ) ;

I am new in suite and sugar CRM so I don’t really know if this would be a technical mistake in future.

I would appreciate a feedback if is necessary.

Regards.

Hi guys

I don’t know if this the correct solution you just are hidding the error.

I solved the error just commenting this line in class abstractMetaDataParser.php:

//abstract static function _trimFieldDefs ( $def ) ;

I am new in suite and sugar CRM so I don’t really know if this would be a technical mistake in future.

I would appreciate a feedback if is necessary.

Regards.