Timeout on every page after setting bounce handling email

Hi,
I’m stuck in a quite weird situation and hopefully someone can help me.
This occurs on suitecrm 7.12 running on php 7.4, apache 2.4 on debian.
I tried to set up a bounce handling email address to test a campaign, with dummy parameters, because I didn’t have intention to send real emails.
After hitting save, the page hung forever and after that, every page results in a 504 gateway timeout error.
Logs seem not to be quite useful to me, either.

Suitecrm log:

Thu Nov 9 12:05:01 2023 [32244][1][FATAL] Server error: GET https://crmdev.orisline.mainlab.srl/index.php?module=jjwg_Maps&entryPoint=jjwg_Maps&cron=1 resulted in a 504 Gateway Timeout response:

504 Gateway Timeout

Gat (truncated...) in /var/www/html/orisline_crm/custom/modules/Schedulers/Ext/ScheduledTasks/scheduledtasks.ext.php::geocodingScheduler at line 998

Apache error log:

[Thu Nov 09 13:11:59.990777 2023] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30605] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client 188.216.33.101:58909] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling)

I found just one similar topic on the forum, but it dates back to 2017 and has no replies.

Has anyone any clue on this?

Thank you in advance
Andrea

I don’t know why this happens, but to get you out of the situation I suggest having a look directly at the database, inbound_email table, you’ll find that email account there and you can delete it.

It was a coinfiguration error. Suitecrm likely kept trying (for hours!) and the server got stuck. Weirdly enough, the inbound_email table was empty until the server started working again, then a record appeared with the correct creation datetime.
Thanks for your reply… I’ll be more careful with these settings :wink:

1 Like

HI @andreapelli

It would be helpful for people reading this thread in the future, if you could specify exactly what the configuration was that caused the problem: show both the Before config: and the After of it.

Hi,
my mistake was that I used parameters to a POP mailbox, while the bounce handling email has the IMAP option only. I didn’t pay much attention because it was just a test and I thought it would just give me a connection error or something and then I’d be able to complete the campaign I was experimenting on.
Thanks

1 Like