Time Problem

Hi all,

I having problem with the time of the suiteCRM. The time is different from my Ubuntu server. What possible go wrong?

Set your timezone in both your php.ini’s.

There are usually at least two independent PHP configurations in a system: the one that runs inside the web server and the one that runs from the command-line (CLI).

Cron jobs usually run from the CLI subsystem, which uses a different php.ini file. This means you have to configure things like timezone and other details specifically for the cron jobs. These also use suitecrm.log (every minute).

To locate the several php.ini files in your system, you can use

sudo find / -name php.ini 2>/dev/null

To see which php.ini file your CLI is using, type

php -i | grep php.ini

iccc. ok and thank you.

For the WorkFlow, i create the Workflow auto stamp the time for the Cases module. However the time is different. The suiteCRM timezone is set Asia/Kuching. However, the time is not correct. Is that any missing formula for the workflow this is my formula, {now(Y-m-d H:i:s)}

I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about workflows, I don’t use them.

Just try setting the timezones and see if it helps, if not, perhaps a start a new thread mentioning Workflows in the title.

I do know that workflows depend on the scheduler jobs, so you do need to fix the timezone for the CLI, and also make sure your cron is correctly set up. Otherwise no time-based Workflow will every trigger.

Now i found another problem, my Cases Module time creation and time modified is 8 hour. This is first creation of the case, suppose these 2 time should be same. However, different it 8 hour. What possible goes wrong?

Well did you fix the timezone settings in both of your php.ini files?

not yet. however i found the cause of the problem. It was my ubuntu time setting. After i fix the time setting. everything work fine. Thank you