Time Outs

We have created letter templates but when we try to create letters to more than 10 contacts, it times out after 30 seconds. Is there a way of increasing the timeout time, as it were? Or is there another cure?

Also, when we are sending template e-mail to just a few contacts, the contact fields populate perfectly. When we send to a larger number of contacts, the contact fields do not populate. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

If you host SuiteCRM on your own servers then edit the php.ini and increase max_execution_time to a much larger time. Creating letters just takes time so increasing this and restarting Apache should do the trick. While you are in there you should look at increasing the memory_limit as well.

If you are using a cloud solution for hosting then contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase the max_execution_time.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this advice - I really appreciate it.

We do host on our own server but I cannot for the life of me locate the php.ini file. Do you know where they normally lurk?

kind regards,

Dave

Oh. Have logged in to cpanel and it seems I have to contact our ‘Administrator’ to make the suggested changes. have dropped them a line and hopefully they will help.

thanks again for your assistance.