Thunderbird email client plug in - interested parties?

I follow the discussion, Iā€™m interested in be part of this

Carlos Gomez

Did anything ever happen with this?

Just to chime in if someone is looking for an email client to sync to SuiteCRM, Iā€™m still using Opacus MS Outlook to SuiteCRM with my Office 2007 email client! It works great, still without issue.

I am interested in Thunderbird to SuiteCRM archiving and am willing to pay for it.

Your best bet is to DM @joehogan - heā€™s expressed interest the most. Thereā€™s been little interest from any one else.

I have been struggling with an ancient version of Thunderbird so that i could use the Opacus plugin, but this wonā€™t work in the long run. Instead iā€™m going to run an old verison of mac (or if you prefer Windows, then Windows) virtually with an old thunderbird-version that still manages to run the plugin. That way i will then archive the emails that i needā€¦

It shouldnā€™t cost a heck of a lot to troubleshoot the Opacus plugin code and update it to work with the current version of Thunderbird.

Thatā€™s what I figured also but apparently it requires a complete re-write ā€¦ or at least thatā€™s what I think I read on the Opacus site. There has been a big change in Thunderbird plugins over the past two years. Iā€™m not a programmer but looked at the code and perhaps someone familiar with plugins and SuiteCRM would be able to fix this easily. But I suppose if it was so easy someone would have done it already ā€¦

1. Hereā€™s the current API for Thunderbird extensions (add-ons).
  2. Information about updating Thunderbird extensions to the current API version.
  3. Thunderbird add-on developer community for questions and answers.

Hey look at this

1 Like

:point_up: That seems to be made by @Rolustech who is also present here in the Forums.

Nice find. It would be nice to add some AI powered features to the Archive Email add-on. The add-on should automatically archive all emails with email address associated with any item in the database. And make the email appear on subpanels everywhere it is relevant.