Theme/interface not loading

Hi everyone, I am trying to asses this platform for my company and I don’t have a lot of technical background so please bear with me if I am asking stupid questions.

I have successfully installed SuiteCRM version 7.11.15 on my site via a software installer (similar to Softaculous). The login page is showing a very basic interface with no theme. My admin account works and I can log in but it is the same inside the system. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to fix this?

These are the screenshots:

Thanks!

Anthony

Hello
It seems an file permission on cache folder
please have a look here.

1 Like

Hi,
welcome to the suite-community!

This error looks like a permission issue (or full disk). Have you double checked using chmod/chown/df -h?

1 Like

Hi sagarjaydeep and diligent thank you for sharing those tips, you were both right, it was a permissions issue. The theme is showing up correctly now. Thanks so much!! Very excited to try this CRM out.

Hey @anthoj It would be great if you could help others by identifying the Solution to either @sagarjaydeep or @crmspace post just incae anyone else has this issue :+1:

Hit the … on whatever post and select Solution

I’m currently having the same issue. I followed the permission change

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload
sudo chmod 775 config_override.php 2>/dev/null)

in that post by right clicking on each folder stated on Cpanel file manager and its still the same with the interface.
is there something else i’m missing?

See screenshots

I was able to solve this by changing every file in the cache/themes to 775. Changing just the cache folder permission will not work.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks for the reminder. I just did it.

Did you also change the subfolders of each folder? is there any way to cascade it? I select all the folders and change the permissions to 775 but I still have the same problem.

Hi and welcome to the suite-community!

chown and chmod both offer to use -R, which is defined as:

-R , –recursive: operate on files and directories recursively

s: https://linux.die.net/man/1/chown or https://linux.die.net/man/1/chmod

1 Like

thanks for answering, look, I’m from Cpanel and what I have is a file explorer, not a terminal to be able to give it the permissions, is there any way to do it automatically or I have to go from folder to folder?

You may have to go folder to folder and change the permission for each file there like i did.

1 Like

I would say it is highly “un-recommended” to use SuiteCRM with a hosting that doesn’t provide SSH access. You can get one with SSH even for a modest price. I am an experienced SuiteCRM administrator and I wouldn’t venture into administering any server that I can’t use a console to log in to…

I figured it out for cPanel

First install the crm and log in.

Create a FTP in cPanel. Using cyberduck for ftp access, select the folders, set the permission you want then click ‘apply changes recursively.

After it is done, refresh and boom!