The problem Add Tap, Add Dashlets on Suitecrm 7.1

my hosting provider is relaxing some permissions relating includes, file writing permissions, etc.
Y also have executed the infamous “fix-permissions.php” script in order to correct some permission issues and finally I will perform a new repair and rebuild.

so far, I can asert that browser cache has nothing to do with this. Maybe sugar’s remote one could. I will enable developer mode if necessary.

more to come soon

Same problem here with Add Dashbord Page
No problem to add Dashlet.

fresh 7.1.1
local Windows 7 + PHP 5.3.8 + apache 2

form for adding page appear OK,
after submit (if “not clear” FireBug log option) - see in red POST SUGAR_ROOT_FOLDER/index.php?module=Home&action=AddDashboardPages
after that home page is refreshing and no added Page… - just “Suite Dashboard” tab

Actually did quick repair, did afresh installation and rebuild java pack and what not. Tried things but problem remain the same. Will any fix?

Hi Patel,

After doing so have you cleared your cache and logged out/in?

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will,
Yes. Actually testing on few PC which are on LAN but same problem.
At the time of installation i had notice like: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\xampp\htdocs\wms-crm\modules\AOR_Reports\AOR_Report.php

and also had below notice once after installation:
Notice: Undefined variable: dashletData in DashletGeneric.php on line 304

I hope above notice has nothing to do with dashlet error

well, I have tested with two different installations of suitecrm and yes, the problem is with the browsers.
internet explorer is totally able to add tabs and widgets, while firefox and chrome don’t

Im so confused :blink:

Hey cant we have solutions, is this bug really buzz only me or others also? Because of this error, cant use suite crm, help please.

Hi Patel,

The dashlet/tab issue is most likely a client issue. Not much the developers can do at this point.

Have you checked again that the pop-up blockers are disabled for the website? Including Adblock, Adaware, etc?

Hi there:

Problem with add tap and add dashlets is related to the response time and js order execution, I only faced the problem when accessing SuiteCRM thru a VPN.

To fix the isseu I have inclued the following code lines on custom/Home/AddDashboardPages.php after line 89:

$sugar_smarty->assign(‘numCols’, $dashboardPage[‘numColumns’]); //-> line 89
$queryParams = array(
‘module’ => ‘Home’,
‘action’ => ‘index’,
);
$sa = new SugarApplication();
$sa->redirect(‘index.php?’ . http_build_query($queryParams));

Also replaced custom/include/MySugar/javascript/AddRemoveDashboardPages.js with attached file.

I hope this help to fix the issue.

Regards,

Dear mikebruns99 and mjpires,
Thank you for addressing the issue. Yes Mike, somehow it appears client issue but earlier version was smooth for adding dashlet. I even found work around that if i use chrome and first add dummy tab and then try to add dashlet to main tab then it works.

Dr Mjpires, thank you for taking efforts and also attaching file. I replaced file and appended code as you mentioned but in my case it did not solve the problem so now going with above solutions i have mentioned. :cheer:
Regards,
Harsh Patel

The solution of Mjpires works for me in add tabs, have you clean the cache?

Tks Mjpires

seems that some js code is prone to load failure, load order failure or something like that, depending on browsers and net conditions.
recent changes in last version of suitecrm triggered this issue.

well, so why don’t we take a look to the git commits of last release, so we know what has changed and we find something to trace?

I forgot to mention that you have, also, to modify the RemoveDashboardPages.php to add the id=‘removepageform’ to the form