Text in a column of type text in a subpanel appears truncated and character encoding does not work

I have identified that in a subpanel in a text type column, the content appears truncated and the character encoding does not work.

For example, the text

Este comando eliminará el archivo es_ES.lang.ext.php del índice de Git (sin eliminarlo del sistema de archivos) y dejará de rastrear los cambios en él. A partir de ese momento, Git respetará la regla en .gitignore y no volverá a mostrar el archivo como modificado cuando ejecutes git status.

In the subpanel it becomes this

Este comando eliminará el archivo es_ES.lan ...

When testing in my local pc this works as expected, but on the server what is described above happens

I also notice that the cell generated in the server’s html is the following

<scrm-text-list class="ng-star-inserted"><div title="Este comando eliminar&amp;aacute; el archivo es_ES.lang.ext.php del &amp;iacute;ndice de Git (sin eliminarlo del sistema de archivos) y dejar&amp;aacute; de rastrear los cambios en &amp;eacute;l. A partir de ese momento, Git respetar&amp;aacute; la regla en .gitignore y no volver&amp;aacute; a mostrar el archivo como modificado cuando ejecutes git status." class="ng-star-inserted"><span>Este comando eliminar&amp;aacute; el archivo es_ES.lan</span><!----> ... <!----><!----></div><!----></scrm-text-list>

In my place this is what was generated

<scrm-varchar-detail class="ng-star-inserted">
Este comando eliminará el archivo es_ES.lang.ext.php del índice de Git (sin eliminarlo del sistema de archivos) y dejará de rastrear los cambios en él. A partir de ese momento, Git respetará la regla en .gitignore y no volverá a mostrar el archivo como modificado cuando ejecutes git status.
</scrm-varchar-detail>

Could you give me a hint on how to resolve this behavior. Thank you

This problem happens to me in version 8.5.1, in version 8.2.2 the problem does not occur. The reason for the behavior (truncated text and text with wrong encoding) is because the text type fields are rendered using the scrm-text-list component while in version 8.2.2 they are rendered using the scrm-varchar- component. detail. The solution was to change the text field type to varchar with a large length

Example

In the location: public/legacy/custom/Extension/modules/<module_name>/Ext/Vardefs/somecustomfield_c.php

<?php

$dictionary["module_name"]["fields"]['somecustomfield_c'] = [
 'name' => 'somecustomfield_c',
 'vname' => 'LBL_SOMECUSTOMFIELD_C',
 'type' => 'text',
 'default' => '',
 'required' => false,
 'importable' => true,
 'audited' => true,
 'studio' => 'visible'
];

$dictionary["module_name"]["fields"]['somecustomfield_c']['type'] = 'varchar';
$dictionary["module_name"]["fields"]['somecustomfield_c']['len'] = '5000';

After repairing and rebuilding and confirming the field type update the text is displayed correctly using scrm-varchar-detail

1 Like

If it is common issue on the v8.5.1 then you could raise an issue and provide answer on the GitHub.