Tasks Module in Calendar Duration not showing

Hello guys, first of all thanks for your collaboration in this project, now I have this next question:

My system:
Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.15 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Oct 29 2014 12:19:04)
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
MySQL Ver 5.5.41-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 for debian-linux-gnu on x86_64 ((Ubuntu))
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
SuiteCRM Version 7.1.5 Sugar Version 6.5.20 (Build 1001)
FireFox 35.0.1

The thing is that for a long time SugarCRM had something weird with the way that handles Tasks in the Calendar, unlike Meetings and Calls the duration of the tasks is not using all the rows according to the time of duration of the task. I don’t think that this is correct and i’m hoping that you guys can make an upgrade in that matter to SuiteCRM. I’m attaching a ScreenShot so you can tell what I’m talking about.

Best Regards

Mikebeck

Pretty sure this was done by design.

1. Say you have a task that will take you a week to finish. You start today, and it is due in 7 days. Do you want to block out a space in your calendar that spans seven days? Are you trying to track time spent on a task for billing or other purposes? If so, maybe another module would be better suited for this.
  2. Meetings and Calls normally occupy a block of your time, and one usually wants to prevent conflicts. The calendar view displays this block of time, making it easier to visualize your schedule and availability. Although each item is displayed in a different color, showing tasks as blocks of time would create too much clutter.
1 Like

I think it depends how you manage your timing. Because for example if you have one task that gets days to complete I personally will write the task each day and the time I spent on that task, because that way you can compute the time that you spent on it.

Does someone know what can I do to make it like I said in my first post? I’ve look and the main difference between Task and Meetengs is that Tasks doesn’t have a “duration” field. Is that a good way to start looking at?

Best Regards

Hi Mikebeck,

I have had a look into the calendar functionality and its a bit all over the place in the javascript file. chances are thats the best place to start looking. Cal.js and the mail.tpl files which can be found in modules/calendar.

more so the Cal.js file as I think that controls the placing of the items on the page. looking for a function CAL.add_item (around line 1200) and again a function CAL.add_item_to_grid which is round line 750 there is references about duration so you could be right that it might be that which is required but looking at these functions they may need to be changed slightly for the calendar to read the duration of a task.

hope that gets you started.

Ian.

1 Like