Task reminder emails notifications with workflows

Version 7.10.10

I would like to set up email notifications in tasks.

here is the user case - a task is assigned and within one hour the status is not changed to working on it there will be an email notification to remind to update the status.

Here is what I have so far.

Thanks you

To do this neatly, you should create a custom Scheduler with some PHP code.

To do it from Worklfows, you can’t use that “New records” setting, otherwise your Workflow will run just once when the record is created, and never again.

You need “On scheduler”, “all records”. but note that this will have your Workflow starting every minute, and going through every record each time to check it.

You need careful planning, perhaps use the “no repeated runs”, if that’s adequate, and ,ake sure your conditions keep the Workflow from running too often and from repeating the sending of emails :ohmy: …

Tell us how you did it, if you can get it working.

1 Like

My workflows work perfectly. But ones I add a time element to the workflows they do not work. I fixed the time zone setting on the server and it still will not work.

I am also getting this error on my logs. don’t know if they’re related.

Wed Apr 10 10:55:02 2019 [729781][1][FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() got empty bean - not saving
Wed Apr 10 10:55:02 2019 [729781][1][FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() is trying to save to a non-saved or non-existent folder

thanks

Did you ever solve this.

I would also like to send emails when a task due date it past