task not showing on calendar after moving folder from root to bitnami

Hi,
I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I installed suitecrm in /var/www first and everything was working fine. Later I installed bitnami LAMP in my username directory and moved suitecrm from /var/www to /home/sourabh/lampstack-5.5.30-1/apache2/htdocs. Earlier Apache2 user:group was www-data:www-data, now it’s sourabh:sourabh. I set all permissions as prescribed but still tasks created in activities are not showing in calendar. I did all repair, rebuild->quick, htaccess, relationship, javascript language everything but nothing works Please suggest what to do?
Thanks
Sourabh

I have the same problem.
I can’t understand what kind of owner and group should I assign for the files and folders of the crm system?(my puth /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs)

i use console command “whoami” they reply= “bitnami”
than I assigned “bitnami:bitnami” like conslole commond ( sudo chown -R bitnami:bitnami ) owner and a group for folders and files, everything works almost fine, but I can’t change the settings in the system (they just don’t change)
also when I do the repair and rebuld fiels then a new cache is created by “daemon:daemon” onwer and gropu
and accordingly I do not have access to these files

If you go in Admin / Schedulers at the bottom there are crontab instructions. These contain your web server user name, which is the one you should use.

Probably, you’ll find you should try

sudo chown -R daemon:daemon .

from your SuiteCRM root folder.

that’s what i saw there:

In order to run SuiteCRM Schedulers, edit your web server user’s crontab file with this command:
sudo crontab -e -u daemon
… and add the following line to the crontab file:
*** * * * * cd /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1**

And when i try to type i got this error
sudo crontab -e -u daemon
The user daemon cannot use this program (crontab)

Ok, but did you try the chown with daemon user to see if it fixes your other problems?

in this case, I can’t edit files via sftps

Don’t use FTP… do you have SSH access? Much better.

The proper way to do it is to create a Linux user group that has both the daemon and your sftp user, and give the ownership to the group.

Note that you really need to get this fixed, this will create problems for you every time you edit a file… :scream:

ohh…you are absolutely right.
i don’t use FTP, i used phpStrom and connect via sFTP (with shh-key)
but I can’t edit the files that the suitecrm system generates (like cache files)

your advice sounds like it’s a solution to my problem.
but can i ask your help? I am not very familiar with Linux systems.

Do not tell me which console commands i need to run so that there are no problems with Permission.
Сurrently all files and folders of the system have the owner of the bitnami and the daemon group
but those files and folders that are generated by the suitecrm system (for example, the cache) have the owner and the group "daemon: daemon " (I can’t edit them through the phpStorm until I change their permissin through the ssh console to bitnami:daemon)

Thanks

Let me get a clear idea of your set up, please

1. The web server is running as daemon user?
  2. Your SSH access is running as bitnami user?
  3. Which groups does daemon belong to? (type groups daemon in command line)
  4. Which groups does bitnami belong to? (type groups daemon in command line)

We’re aiming to have both users belong to the same group. You could create a new group just for that effect, but I think it’s better (since Bitnami installs have their own schemes) to just add one user to an existing group to which the other one already belongs.

Don’t get confused if a group has the same name as a user, that can happen, but they’re still different things.

1 Like

Thank you for reply

1. How can I find out this information? i read httpd.conf and found this :
<IfModule unixd_module>
#
# If you wish httpd to run as a different user or group, you must run
# httpd as root initially and it will switch.  
#
# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
# It is usually good practice to create a dedicated user and group for
# running httpd, as with most system services.
#
User daemon
Group daemon

so the web server user is daemon?

1. I type “whoami” and get “bitnami” message. So ssh user is bitnami?
    3.The result is “daemon:daemon
    4.If you mean type groups bitnami in command line that result is “bitnami : bitnami adm dialout cdrom floppy sudo audio dip video plugdev netdev bitnami-admins

p/s
I correctly think that I should add bitnami user to daemon group. How can i do this?
as I understand it, it’s worth not just adding but also maintaining the previous group.

so that the user is in two groups at the same time. is it possible?

Your user bitnami is already in 12 groups according to your output. So it’s ok to add it to one more, it should work with

usermod -a -G daemon bitnami

Then use chown on the SuiteCRM directory with daemon:daemon

1 Like

thanks
I’m very grateful to you
now it’s look like everything works well

1 Like

You might have to re-apply those ownerships before each upgrade, if the upgrade wizard complains in the “Check permissions” step.

but that is just a problem with the upgrader, it does a very simplistic permissions check, doesn’t understand groups…

i don’t understand you correctly
what do you mean?
right now everything is fine with wizard “Check permissions”
So there will be no problems with the update in the future?

:point_up: ok, if this wizard doesn’t complain, you will be ok

1 Like