Tabs underneath Relations

Okay, I’m a newbee and have everything installed and it works great! I’m very happy with the application and I’m trying to change some things that I don’t need. For example:

Underneath “Relations” you see a great number of tabs like contacts, documents, projects, etc. Many of those I won’t need and I would like to delete or hide them. How do I do that?

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the Community! :tada:

See in Admin menu these entries:

• Configure Module Menu Filters
  • Display Modules and Subpanels

Thanks, that worked but just not for all tabs, for example the tab member organizations I can’t delete or hide.

Thanks for your help!

Hhmmm there might be some bug there. You could still get rid og that but it would require some code customization, probably. Are you a developer?

What you are calling tabs are really subpanels, right?

Thanks for your reply and no, I’m not a developer.

I have made a PrintScreen of the subpanels I’m talking about, contacts, documents etc.

Does this make sense?

Yes, those are subpanels. Getting the terminology straight is really helpful when you need to talk to others on the Forums, or read manuals.

Can you live without the possibility to hide Members organizations subpanel? Individual users can click the close box to hide them.

Okay, if we can’t hide them, it’s not a big deal (yet) :wink: Thanks for your help!

Hi again, I have given it some thought and I do want to fix this somehow. There are a few subpanels that I would like to hide or delete. In Admin -> Display Modules and Subpanels those subpanels aren’t in the list, also not in the “hidden” box. Could this be a “rights” or “security” settings issue?

Also good to know is that I’m working with a Dutch language module. I am not a developer but I do have some experience with FileMaker Pro so if there would be another solution, I would like to use that when everything else fails.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It doens’t take much, I’m sure you can do it. You basically have to create a small PHP file and put it in the right place.

These instructions should be precisely what you need (ignore the part about Leads):

Note that Member organizations internally are simply Accounts. So you’ll be “removing the accounts subpanel from the accounts module”.

Thanks! The only thing is that I can’t locate this file (custom/Extension/modules/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs/aos_accountsLayoutdefs.php) and also my directories are a bit different, probably due to the use of a newer version…

In those instructions to create files under custom, the general rule is that you should create any missing subdirectories.

The file you need to create can have any name, as long as it has .php extension.

I don’t think aos_accountsLayoutdefs.php is a good name, I would choose something like myUnsetMemberOrgs.php - I like to use the names to remind myself, years later, that I created that file, not Studio, and what I had in mind :slight_smile:

Okay, I followed the instructions and added the missing subdirectory and created the custom.php file…

Did a Quick Repair and Rebuild and unfortunately nothing changed. Again, apologies, I’m not a developer and probably have made some mistakes here and there…

I do understand that I need to do something else because the system probably “has to be told” to run my custom.php? :wink:

That should work.

Please confirm, is that file under custom/Extension/modules/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs/custom.php ?

After the Quick Repair and Rebuild, you should see those contents automatically added inside this other file

custom/modules/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs/layoutdefs.ext.php

That is correct (location custom.php)

After repair & rebuild nothing seems to happen and there is no other file in the Layoutdefs directory. So there is no Layoutdefs.ext.php

Check the permissions on your new file, it looks like SuiteCRM can’t read it.

It’s common when you’re creating the file with one user (which you use to login, or from CPanel, and it gets restrictive permissions. You need to ensure your web server user can read it. Give all read accesses you can.

I got it to work!!

I followed the instructions above and made a php file (custom.php) with the following content:

<?php
// Remove subpanels from Accounts module (JR)
unset($layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['accounts']);
unset($layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['products_services_purchased']);

The mistake I made was that I didn’t have the right subpanel names, for example, the subpanel member organizations is called accounts and the subpanel products and services purchased is called products_services_purchased

As I said, I’m not a developer but I’m glad I could find the solution with your help and a bit of trial and error!

Thanks guys!

there must be permissions issue stopping crm from creating a file under this directory.

can you create the file layoutdefs.ext.php and set the path permissions to 777 ? is custom directory under 777 recursively? After permissions are set, run RR twice, just in case :slight_smile:

Hi Cherub-chum, thanks for your suggestion, I already found my mistake, see the message above your one…

Thanks!

Hello,
Thank you @krekel326 for giving the solution. I try this but did not work. I hope your given solution is for SuiteCRM 8.
If your solution is not for SuiteCRM 8 can you please guide us on how to do it on SuiteCRM 8?

Hi All,

I found the solution. To overwinter layout variable in SuiteCRM 8.

• To change the Subpanel in the list view
  • Create or edit file layoutdefs.ext.php in /public/legacy/custom/Extension/modules/{{module_name}}/Ext/Layoutdefs/ folder
  • E.g. ==> /public/legacy/custom/Extension/modules/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs/layoutdefs.ext.php

And unset whatever you want to hide:
unset($layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['bugs']); unset($layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['contacts']);