System runs out of memory, kills MySQL service

Hi there. I’ve been trying to run the latest version of SuiteCRM, version 7.3.1, on a droplet I’ve set-up on DigitalOcean servers, but I keep running into the same issue no matter what I try. I started off with 512MB Ram, 20GB SSD Disk, running Ubuntu 14.04 x64, but after a matter of hours running SuiteCRM with only one user entering very minimal data, the system would run out of memory, shutting down MySQL in the process. I restarted and restarted the MySQL service, but it would always crash, especially overnight. I went through and disabled a bunch of the extraneous services within SuiteCRM in order to keep the memory usage as low as possible, but still, crash after crash to my great frustration.

I was then advised to upgrade to 1GB Ram and a 30GB SSD Disk, so I did, hoping for the crashing to stop. Within two hours, it crashed MySQL again. I’m at my wits’ end. I don’t know what else to do. Disabling features didn’t help. Doubling the memory didn’t help, either. I’ve spoken to a couple friends who know WAY more about SuiteCRM than I do, though they haven’t yet used this latest version of it, and they’re clueless as to what’s going on, too.

Could anyone help me out here? Is the latest version of SuiteCRM just too costly in memory? Did I set up something wrong while I installed it to cause the crashing? Should I simply install an older, simpler version in order to avoid crashes in the future? I could use any advice I can get.

Thank you very much for your time.

Hi,

There is another thread at the moment with a similar issue: https://www.suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/6693-resources-being-used-up

Does anything in this thread assist with your issue?

If not, Are there any errors in any of your error logs? Such as the suitecrm.log file, your php error log file or your SQL Server’s error log file?

1 Like

That definitely sounds like a similar issue. I haven’t had a problem with MySQL crashing in the last few days, so I’m going to see how it goes, but thanks so much for the advice and especially that link. If I have another crash, I’ll look into those possible solutions and hopefully it helps me out. I appreciate the assistance.