syntax error: unrecognized tag: $fields..name after upgrade from 7.7.6 to 7.8.2

I noticed after I upgraded from 7.7.6 to 7.8.2 that I am now receiving an error in the popup window when clicking to select a related record from a subpanel when viewing the details of a record. The error is as follows:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in cache/themes/SuiteP/modules/sctrl_jobs/SearchForm_popup_query_form.tpl line 145]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $fields..name (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /var/www/suitecrm/include/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

sctrl_jobs is a custom object in a module I’ve created. It’s related to accounts with a many-to-one relationship. It’s been working throughout a few upgrades of 7.7.x. The SearchForm_popup_query_form.tpl looks like the following around line 145:

<div class="col-xs-12">
                                <label for='account_advanced'>{sugar_translate label='LBL_ACCOUNT' module='sctrl_jobs'}</label>
                            </div>
            <div class="form-item">

<input type="text" name="{$fields.account_advanced.name}"  class="sqsEnabled"   id="{$fields.account_advanced.name}" size="" value="{$fields.account_advanced.value}" title='' autocomplete="off"  >
<input type="hidden"  id="{$fields..name}" value="{$fields..value}">
<span class="id-ff multiple">
<button type="button" name="btn_{$fields.account_advanced.name}"   title="{$APP.LBL_SELECT_BUTTON_TITLE}" class="button firstChild" value="{$APP.LBL_SELECT_BUTTON_LABEL}" onclick='open_popup("{$fi$
</span>

</div>
        </div>
    </div>
        <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 col-lg-4 col-advanced-search">
        <div class="">

{counter assign=index}
            {math equation="left % right"
            left=$index
            right=$templateMeta.maxColumns
            assign=modVal
            }

<div class="col-xs-12">
                                <label for='contact_advanced'>{sugar_translate label='LBL_CONTACT' module='sctrl_jobs'}</label>
                            </div>
            <div class="form-item">

<input type="text" name="{$fields.contact_advanced.name}"  class="sqsEnabled"   id="{$fields.contact_advanced.name}" size="" value="{$fields.contact_advanced.value}" title='' autocomplete="off"  >
<input type="hidden"  id="{$fields.contact_id_c_advanced.name}" value="{$fields.contact_id_c_advanced.value}">
<span class="id-ff multiple">
<button type="button" name="btn_{$fields.contact_advanced.name}"   title="{$APP.LBL_SELECT_BUTTON_TITLE}" class="button firstChild" value="{$APP.LBL_SELECT_BUTTON_LABEL}" onclick='open_popup("{$fi$
</span>

</div>
        </div>

The $fields…name seems to be in the place where $fields.account_id_c_advanced.name should be if I compare the account block to the contact block in the code above. If I manually make this change then the popup selection window works as it should but that’s only temporary until a Repair is run on the system.

and point to a mismatch between the field_meta_data table and the vardefs but I can’t, for the life of me, figure out what exactly is wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi I have same issue … Haven’t you found any solution?

I think this bug has been fixed, just try upgrading to 7.8.8.

Same problem here today after 7 years. No good.

Which version did you upgrade to?