Sync accounts with billing system?

I’m pretty new to the whole CRM concept in general. I see that there are many options to import data from elsewhere, but what if I want to link accounts (ie: current and past customers) to our existing billing system? I’m a bit lost on what best practices are when you want to have crm functions for existing customers.

Hello,

RE:Sync accounts with billing system?

Many billing systems can integrate with SCRM and CE; try researching Zapier.com, Sugaroutfitters.com or current extensions for your specific billing system. Internally, you could setup workflows and AOP / AOD. So let’s advance your query. Your billing system as all of them require an input either from you, the client or customer. We can assume you would like to send or trigger an invoice. Going this far means we’re talking about finance: accounting, budgeting and bookkeeping.

First determine if after converting to SCRM would you then have need for your current billing system beyond sending invoices. If you can answer yes, then check the cost because accounting systems by themselves will cost more than SCRM by 100%. Scrutinize your current accounting or billing system heavily to determine what works best.

Thank you,

— MMS

I think I’m thinking of something even simpler. Strictly from a sales perspective, I can see using SuiteCRM from day one for new leads and just tracking all that data. But at some point, I know sales is going to want to look at selling into our existing user base, and that data is in the billing system.

The data is easy to get to, I can write the SQL to dump active customers/inactive customers quickly, I can filter that based on which type of service they buy from us, etc. But on the development side, I’m not quite seeing how I’d get SuiteCRM to query the list of customers…

Thanks!

Hello,

RE: Sync accounts with billing system?

I understand. One thing to note, each platform may be on a different SQL engine and I’m sure creating a replicator service back-end isn’t the chore. So I take it, you would eventually seek out a true sync (two-way sync.) This would depend on your billing system and first if there are connectors already built; second, the connectors or workflows can be built then if they don’t exist. Technically stating - don’t spook yourself!

Clearly search all the various connectors, those built for your billing system and those that aren’t. Some of these connectors / extensions / modules are hundreds of dollars. Linking the two systems require thinking like a systems integrator because the process changes the defined scope and base services of the company, such as moving from billing to portfolio management. Now if you’re really into it, you could - well, build your own proprietary connector / extension / module and rent it to your company.

Thank you,

— MMS