Suitecrm8 npm run start or ng serve

Hello everyone!

Does anybody try to run angular front-end as any developer angular project?

For example running npm run start or ng serve ? as the setup guide of angular recommends?

Thanks!

Hi.

I only run through Apache after rebuilding the front-end with yarn build

I don’t really know Angular that well…

Have you checked the yarn scripts defined in package.json? Maybe you can use one of those for your purposes?..

Hey @lukio,

From what I know:

1. The setup requires you to use yarn. Its a requirement from the angular-module-federation version that SuiteCRM is using. but the yarn commands are calling ng, have a look at package.json

2. ng serve does not work due to the setup. However can use --watch on the build.

@anthony.oak.castro can you please provide more detail on that --watch thing? Which command do you use, exactly, and what happens when you use it?

Thanks

Hi @anthony.oak.castro, I found that you reply about this stuff, but only set --watch to the extensions folder.

If we would like to set up --watch to all the angular app, which will be the command to run?

thanks!

What I mean, is… how the core developers work with the angular project? I’m sure that they do not recompile everytime that they do some changes to the core app.

Hey @pgr @lukio , its all on the docs,

WARNING: Just before we continue, unless you really need it you should really avoid changing stuff on core… not a good idea… try the frontend extensions first…

1. core build docs

On docs you have the commands to rebuild the app:

yarn run build:common
yarn run build:core
yarn run build:shell

2. extension build docs

Then on the extensions build docs you it says that you can do:

yarn run build-dev:<your-extension-name> --watch

3. Running core build with watch

Since --watch is native to angular, you can just do:

Note: most of the code is on core so you most likely don’t need to rebuild the common.

yarn run build:core --watch

and when that finishes, on a separate terminal tab, you can run:

yarn run build:shell --watch
1 Like

Hello @anthony.oak.castro, how are you.

I could set up my instance of suitecrm with docker running --watch to defaultExt extensions. I tried to follow the documentation to add a new sidebar-widget but it throw me the error Widget not found.

I know that the files at extensions are being read, because the watcher reload when I changes those files. When I added the new widget to a detailview, it seems that the suitecrm can’t found it.

I followed up the Hello World example

any ideas?

Hey @lukio, did you call repair and rebuild or cleared cache after adding to the detail view? and did you enable the extension on extensions/defaultExt/config/extension.php (that also needs a clear cache, by the way)