I’ve been asked to come up with a solution for an insurance broker and I’m trying to determine if I should develop a custom software from scratch or if SuiteCRM might be a good base for it.
The current process and needs are pretty simple:
- The broker resells insurances from several companies
- Customers have revolving contracts and pay on monthly/quarterly/yearly… basis
- Contract amount is payed to insurance company and broker received a commission back from that company
- keep track of contracts & automate end of contracts emails warnings
- keep track of payments done and future payments from customers
- keep track of payments done and payments due to insurance company
- keep track of commissions received and due
- reporting and stats on the above
Reasons I’m considering SuiteCRM (which I am discovering) is that I expect the needs to expand over time and that some might be already covered by it. Also obviously, quite a few functionality are built-in (roles, accounts, invoices…).
I installed SuiteCRM and see I need quite a bit of customization (no concept of commissions, contracts are not linked to products, no cashflow tracking…). So the question is, without prior knowledge of SuiteCRM, will it require a huge effort to implement the above ?
Thanks for your advice.