SuiteCRM Page Load speeds

I am new to using SuiteCRM and have interacted with it for a couple months now. My work is mainly customizing it for companies that need CRM. My biggest issue however is speed. The zipped code download is about 40 MBs and it extracts to over 100 MBs which would be fine. The code however is full of comments especially the agreements. I know the importance of comments in the improvement process of a software and how paramount it is to respect the agreements that come with it, but can’t something be done to reduce the entire code blocks.

On my local WAMP server, the pages load at an average of 75 seconds (which is 73 more seconds than people expect.) and on the phone is way longer. After removing most of the big multi line comments, the load time reduced to something in 25 seconds. Okay 25 is very high and maybe on a great cloud server that could turn into less than 5 which is great, but at times a client wants to load it on a sub domain which happens to be shared hosting with nothing more than a mere Gigabyte of RAM. And other times the system has to be loaded on a phone. Plus the network issues because even with the presence of 4G, people want to do stuff out of office. (In Uganda where I am, the general network is 2G of atmost 1MBps and smartphones are entry level.)

I hope I am not sounding really weird and silly here.
Finally I have to give the credit. SuiteCRM is the best Open source CRM. I tried CIVI in Drupal, Zurmo, SugarCE and a few others but I have settled with SuiteCRM. Great work and hope to keep being #1.

I would really like your thoughts on the speed issue and some suggestions where possible. Thank You

This is a local optimisation issue. SuiteCRM runs very well on linux/windows/centos servers.

there is something seriously wrong in your specific situation there. An average of 75 seconds for a page is totally crazy - as is 25 seconds!

It’s hard to imagine any user being willing to use the platform when it is that slow!

For sure it is not a SuiteCRM problem, but something else in your set-up.

Have you access to someone who can help you diagnose your system: to see where the time is going? Eg, dip down into the MySQL slow-query logs?

A quicker fix, may be to use a paid-for-hoster, and let them worry about the server admin side of things.

I’m having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

I’m hosting SuiteCRM on a private server and I’d like to stay that way.

I can’t believe the reasoning in the original post about code comments being a performance problem, that simply can’t be it. A few milliseconds, sure, but not anything noticeable for sure.

DevinC, tells us versions (OS, DB and SuiteCRM), approximate database size, etc., or any other information you think might help us help you… and especially check your logs (suitecrm.log and php_errors.log) for errors.

I have checked the suitecrm.log and found the theme buggy as it were missing several files which is causing the long delays.

Missing files:
dashboard.png
icon_Administration_32.png
icon_Home_32.png
Image icon_Home_32.png
inline_edit_icon.svg

Copied/renamed into these directory:
suitecrm\themes\default
suitecrm\themes\Suite7

Updated to:
Version 7.5.3
Sugar Version 6.5.23 (Build 1061)

Host: Maria DB on Synology RS814

Accounts (Note: Listview items set to 100 per page)
Server response time: 11.35 seconds.
Server Memory Usage: 6382984 (bytes)
Server Peak Memory Usage: 6605976 (bytes)

Was:
Server response time: 44.99 seconds
Server Memory Usage: 6382984 (bytes)

Log files:
suitecrm.log - see attach for additional messages
php_errors.log - file doesn’t exist