SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin v2.0 Release Candidate

To all community members: The Release Candidate for version 2.0 of the SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin is now available on the SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin GitHub repository.

Version 2.0 introduces the following new features:

• Calendar Sync. Provides automatic syncing of Meetings, Calls and Tasks between Outlook and SuiteCRM.
  • Contact Sync. Provides automatic syncing of Contact records between Outlook and SuiteCRM.

Version 2.0 also benefits from various bug-fixes to the v1 plugin. We will be releasing an updated v1 plugin for those who wish to benefit from bug-fixes before v2 is released.

Please download, test and feed back on new functionality and report any bugs on the GitHub repository issue section. This will allow us to provide a more robust production release for all users.

Thanks,

The SuiteCRM Team.

2 Likes

I got this in the first SuiteCRM newsletter this morning:

But I can’t find it. If someone could point me to the right street that would be much appreciated!

I would have expected it to be linked from the Suite front page or extensions or somewhere like that.

The SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin is loading two copies of messages. One copy has the ‘To’ address specified. The other has the ‘To’ address ‘null’.

I had a problem on the service side in SuiteCRM. Fixing this prevented duplicating archived messages. This is because the outlook plugin checks the return value of the response when sending data to SuiteCRM. The outlook plugin tries sending the data again without the ‘description_html’ field if the result of the first attempt is not successful. The problem was fixed after making sure that the service in SuiteCRM is working correctly.

The following code from the SuiteCRM outlook plugin project provides more information:

string str = clsSuiteCRMHelper.ArchiveEmail(data);
if (str.Length < 0x24)
{
data[7] = clsSuiteCRMHelper.SetNameValuePair(“description_html”, “”);
str = clsSuiteCRMHelper.ArchiveEmail(data);
if (str.Length < 0x24)
{
return “-1”;
}
}
else
{

}

Go to the plugin’s github page at [https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM-Outlook-Plugin], and click the Release link above the file list. This will take you to the 2RC page. Click one of the download links (*.zip or *.tgz) and extract the files. At least in the *.zip version, there is a setup.exe file to install the plugin.

As mentioned elsewhere, if you have a previous version installed, be sure to uninstall the previous version before installing the 2RC version. Personally, I see a lot of issues with the 2RC version, so do not recommend installing it until it’s more stable. I am told 2RC is still pretty buggy, for what that’s worth…

Thanks medwards. Staring me in the face, of course.