SuiteCRM Outlook Plug-in Beta

APOLOGIES … we had some issues with URL re-writing on the new website.

That’s it available again!!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ok Guys, Time for an Update:

At least - this Version works fine most of the Time.
BUT: in from Time to Time it won´t find any Contacts at all. To get it runing again, i have to open the Plugin-Settings to confirm my Login.

Best,
Musi

btw: is it possible to have a Checkbox where to chose wether i want to confirm the success of Storing, or not? Reason is, when syncing lots of eMails, it gets kind of boring to confirm each sync… :wink:

Glad to see the new release! Quick(?) bug report:

(Outlook 2013 32-bit, Windows 7 Home 64-bit)

I had no trouble adding my custom module (which we use heavily) and adding it to the Search menu. However, I am running into issues where the Archive window freezes up when I attempt to run a search for a record’s Name, which includes a leading unique id number followed by a hyphen and a non-unique string (eg. 14-02329 - Estate Matter). If I run a search for just the number, such as 14-02329 (or even just 1 digit of that number) the archive window locks up. However, if I search for just Estate, it pulls a list of many (though not all) of the Estate records.

I’m not seeing a SuiteCRM directory under C:\Users<my username>\AppData\Local\ and there doesn’t appear to be any type of error log in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SuiteCRMAddIn Files(x86)\ directory either.

Any insight into what may be causing this issue and/or when there might be a fix?

Thanks!

Am I missing something, but is the only feature this plugin does is archive an email to an existing record?

Why is there not ‘create record’ if it does not find an email? This would seem so basic of a function I am
surprised you would even consider releasing this before this was ready. As it sits now, the plugin is
pretty much useless.

is it chargeable ?

You are correct, thats all it does. The second release will add the create record functionality.

Hmm,

Some thoughts to this Point of View:

The “Create” function would be completely useless to us!

Why? We are taking pretty much care of having a very clean Database and proper Datasets. Therefore all Users have to fill many Fields when creating a new Dataset. I´m not sure, if this can be done via a Create-Function in this Plugin…

Did i mention, that the Plugin sometimes does not find an exisiting Contact? What if a user then creates a duplicate Entry? i think that the de-dupe function in Suite is better than the one in a Plugin…

So i wouldn´t blame the Coders here for releasing with only a few features, as there are a lot of Users, who only needs the functions it has at the moment - and not having to buy any expensive 3rd-Party Tool…

Btw: Team: Thanks for the possibility to switch off the Success-Message after a Sync !

The great beauty of open source is that:

1. You could contribute the features to make it do what you want it to do
  2. You could take your business elsewhere

The tone of your post makes my preference that you do (2) above

Hi,
just installed and tested on Win 7 x64 Pro - Outlook 2013 Pro.
Settings ok.
Archive: searching by email on Accounts does not work.
Is there a log file?

We will provide Italian language translation: how languages are managed?
Thanks for your precious work!!!

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting this issue. You can develop/contribute language packs/files via our GtiHub repository.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi,

First of all - GREAT JOB !
The Add-In is working under Win 8.1 and Outlook 2013.

But how can I solve the topic with LDAP authentication ?
We use LDAP in Sugar to login.

Thx
Pat

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for a nice product, both in the SuiteCRM package and now this new Outlook Plug-in. I ran across a bug that I think will be simple to fix.

Description:
When you open the plug-in settings, on the “Archive” tab the “Archive attachments also” option does not save properly. When you check the box and click “Save” it seems like it works, but when you look at the settings again the box is clear (unchecked). Try it as many times as you like – it won’t save. :slight_smile:

Workaround:
The plug-in saves its settings in a file named user.config under the user’s AppData folder. The path includes a uniquely named folder beginning with SuiteCRMAddIn.vsto_… Mine is AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\SuiteCRMAddIn.vsto_vstolo_Path_svjouuh3oellohi1qrk4scwn3gevjpfs\14.0.7113.5000. Open the user.config file with a text editor and in the XML section configuration >> userSettings >> SuiteCRMAddIn.clsSettings add the following:

<setting name="AttachmentsChecked" serializeAs="String">
	<value>True</value>
</setting>

I put mine just below the setting named “archive_attachments_default” (which incidentally is the clue about why this is broken).

Long-Term Fix:
I believe what is happening is that the settings object is being passed the incorrect name for this setting, so it saves it with the name “archive_attachments_default” instead of “AttachmentsChecked” as it is supposed to. I’m not 100% positive, but it looks like it might be line 335 of frmSettings.cs where this is going wrong.

I hope this helps.

Nate

Hello, I’m new here.
I’m looking 4 an Outlook 2007-2013 plug-in that allows me to transfert contact from Outlook to SuiteCRM, autocreating Account if necessary (if Account is not already inside CRM Accounts list).
I’ve seen this plug-in in action, but the functionality I use to search is not available atm.
Are you going to implement these features in newer releases!?

Thanks 4 your work

This fix work a treat for me. Cheers

David

Hello,
Thank you for your great work.
I have the following problem:
Outlook 2013 with Suitecrm Addin lastest release.

The settings are fine, because he give the message login succeed.
If i go on archive, he does not stop to search. When i click on some element he stops.
But if i click on archive. He gives me the error message that archiving the email failed.

Have you an idea what going on and how to fix it.
Thank you in advance.

greetings - anyone has been able to use this outlook plugin to connect to sugarcrm 5.5.4?! No issues with connecting with version 6.x on localhost, but cannot make a connection to a 5.5.4 on local machine. Any suggestions as to what needs to be changed or copied over in order to get this to work?

thanks in advance

Hi, I tried but I received a message "unexpected character encountered while parsing value: B. Path ", line 0, position 0.

Is it any way to fix that?

Hi Team,

I install the plugin using Module loader, but error display when I click Upload button. the error is:
ZIP Error(0): Status(0): Arhive(upload://SuiteCRM Oulook Plug-in.zip): Directory(/var/www/html/crm/cache/upgrades/temp/X62Hul)

How to fix it? thanks.

Isn’t that supposed to be installed on the client machine? You unzip it and run setup.exe on your Windows machine that has Outlook installed.

Nate

I’ve struggled for weeks to get this plugin set up with SSL and LDAP authentication. What am I missing?

I think the problem is related to the Enable LDAP Authentication “Key” setting. What am I supposed to put here? I’ve tried specifying the “encryption key” from SuiteCRM’s password settings, but it doesn’t work. The “Test” button keeps returning the “The Key is Invalid”.

Does anyone have some advice?