SuiteCRM Minimum PHP Version Issues

I recently upgraded the PHP to 7.0 in order to upgrade SuiteCRM. However, upon the upgrade to 7.0 something peculiar happen.

I was unable to login. Browser cache was clear, cookies were clear,etc and problem persisted.

Here are some of the trace from suitecrm.log;

Sat Oct 7 15:27:26 2017 [15197][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Sat Oct 7 15:27:26 2017 [15224][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Sat Oct 7 15:27:28 2017 [15324][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Sat Oct 7 15:27:29 2017 [15329][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!

I backed-out the PHP upgrade to an older version (PHP 5.6) and issue was fixed.

Has anyone encounter this situation? Is it a known issue? ( I was not able to find any similar issues in the SuiteCRM Forum.

Thanks
Robert

Hhmm I can’t believe you searched about this error and didn’t find anything. It’s pretty common.

You simply need to configure your timezone in php.ini like the error says.

Note that you might have two relevant php.ini’s on your system, one for the web server, and one for the CLI (if you have configured Scheduler jobs).