I am currently using SugarCRM CE 6.5.22 and I am looking to Migrate to SuiteCRM however I am currently using the 3CX plugin for SugarCRM. Does anyone know if the 3CX plugin will still function after the Migration. 3CX is not showing as supported for SuiteCRM (as of yet). please see the 3CX website for the current supported CRM’s.
I was just thinking that since SuiteCRM is a fork of SugarCRM that maybe it will still work. If anyone knows another way to get 3CX to work with SuiteCRM that would be great. I’ve looked into the 3CX Plugin API but there just isn’t enough documentation. I thought about coding a plugin for 3CX for SuiceCRM but again I’m lacking information on how to get SugarCRM/SuiteCRM to interact with 3CX. Anyone know or have any good resources on how to do this I would be very grateful.
Ok, migration to suitecrm from SugarCRM CE went off without a hitch and I will answer the question that I posted previously in the event that someone else may have the same question. Yes, 3CX still functions after doing the Migration from SugarCRM.
I read you did an upgrade from SugarCRM CE 6.5.22 to SuiteCRM without a hitch but many of us experiment a fatal issue doing this :
message ‘non compatible upgrade files’ uploading SugarCE Migration 6.5.x to SuiteCRM 7.1.8.zip file.
Did you experiment this issue ?
Is it possible to upload upgrade files by ftp instead using the web ui of sugar?
Actually I did receive that error but that was because I was trying to use the “Full Install Package” instead of the upgrade package. I would delete the “zip” file, redownload it and try the migration again. I’ve included the steps that I took below. I hope it helps
If you are using AdBlock Pro or any other adblock / popup program either add suiteCRM.com to the exclusion or temp disable.
- It goes without saying in the digital world backup is your best friend. So with that make sure you backup everything in your CRM
- Go to the upgrade path on the download page and find “Migrate SugarCE to SuiteCRM” and click on “SugarCE Migration 6.5.x to SuiteCRM”
at this point you should get a popup. In the lower right corner of the popup click on the Download button
- Login to your SugarCRM and go to Administration -> Module Loader, choose file and select the zip file you downloaded in step 2 and click upload
- STOP here: make sure to install this package before proceeding, I don’t remember if it asked or I had to click the install button. Do this for all upgrades
- When completed continue to download and upgrade each version one at a time just like you did in step 2. This should look like: SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.1.x-to-7.3.2 -> SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.2.x-to-7.3.2 -> SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.3-to-7.3.2 and finally SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.3.x-to-7.4.3.
When you’ve completed this you will have Migrated from SugarCRM 6.5.xx CE to SuiteCRM and upgraded to the latest version.
If you found my post helpful please karma me, I will thank you and karma will thank you