SuiteCRM discussion

The idea that I’m being fed is that using SuiteCRM, we can track the email interactions necessary to negotiate the outage window. That is, the back and forth for getting a server in a window. However, we aren’t leaving Outlook behind and we aren’t integrating our email into SuiteCRM. We’re just going to be attaching email to… a project? Not sure how that looks yet. But either way, it’s a manual process.
Part of this email negotiation is to get the outage approval and the app owner requirements. The other part is to categorize the types of responses we get, so we can slap some wrists for obstruction.
Then we will be using the Calendar to organize who falls into which window.
Somewhere we are going to be sticking in the special requirements for each server inside each window. Attaching documents to a calendar item (a meeting I guess? Does it do ‘events’ instead of ‘meetings’?) would be ideal.

Right now, from what I’ve seen of it, this is the wrong tool for the task. It doesn’t do much of any of the things I’m looking for. The email functions appear to be based on mailserver integration. The calendar functions are attachment-free, limited on date configuration (you can do Every Friday the 13th, but you cannot do Every 3rd Friday), and (from what I read) calendars are largely module-free. But perhaps I am missing core parts of this tool? Does anyone have any SuiteCRM experience? With sufficient module creation, can this thing actually work?

Thoughts?

The idea that I’m being fed is that using SuiteCRM, we can track the email interactions necessary to negotiate the outage window. That is, the back and forth for getting a server in a window. However, we aren’t leaving Outlook behind and we aren’t integrating our email into SuiteCRM. We’re just going to be attaching email to… a project? Not sure how that looks yet. But either way, it’s a manual process.
Part of this email negotiation is to get the outage approval and the app owner requirements. The other part is to categorize the types of responses we get, so we can slap some wrists for obstruction.
Then we will be using the Calendar to organize who falls into which window.
Somewhere we are going to be sticking in the special requirements for e[color=#333333]https://192168ll.onl/[/color] [color=#333333]https://xender.vip/[/color] [color=#333333]https://testmyspeed.onl/[/color]
ach server inside each window. Attaching documents to a calendar item (a meeting I guess? Does it do ‘events’ instead of ‘meetings’?) would be ideal.

Right now, from what I’ve seen of it, this is the wrong tool for the task. It doesn’t do much of any of the things I’m looking for. The email functions appear to be based on mailserver integration. The calendar functions are attachment-free, limited on date configuration (you can do Every Friday the 13th, but you cannot do Every 3rd Friday), and (from what I read) calendars are largely module-free. But perhaps I am missing core parts of this tool? Does anyone have any SuiteCRM experience? With sufficient module creation, can this thing actually work?

Thoughts?

my issue has been solved!