SuiteCRM Case Creation not working with Office365 (azure)

I’ve been trying to get SuiteCrm to create cases using our Office365 group email, and can’t get it to work for more than a year now… and is convinced this has something to do with Office365

I created a gmail test email address to test my theory, and after I created an app password, everything ran smoothly - Cases got created, emails get send out on case creation, updates and closure as it should.

Then I went back to try our Office 365 mailbox again, it took a while to get the emails working, as the app passwords did not work, we ended up having to create a workaround in Azure to allow smtp on that Mailbox. Now emails are working, Group email and outbound emails
But now again it’s again not creating cases from Inbound mail,
schedulers are running as it should, cases creation workflow job is not running -
I suppose Office 365 might be the problem here, but I’m all out of things to try to get this to work

Does anyone have the same issues?

Also just a note,
We’re planning to host our SuiteCrm in Azure in the near future - https://bitnami.com/stack/suitecrm/cloud/azure

Will this maybe clear up the Office 365 issue with case creation? As SuiteCRM and our Email Server will be hosted in the same domain?

I can confirm, I had cases working great and just switched to Office 365 email and no cases get created!

It’s weird, they are in the inbox and everything.

If you are using a version less than 7.11.16/7.10.28 this is likely your issue https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/7972

1 Like

Thanks I tried upgrading, that didn’t seem to work. I’ll have to go and check the files to see that patch was included.

I also noticed emails that come in from Office 365 are all messed up. While they have the sender, subject and body, they are missing the Date Created, the related to stuff, etc. normally below the body of the email.

Thanks @Matt looks like that patch wasn’t included in the latest release. So I downloaded the patch file and installed in manually, repair and rebuild and it now works! Thanks!!!

Here’s a link to the patch file if anyone else needs it:

Office 365 Case creation fix

1 Like

That’s good to know and worrying at the same time. We will have to look into why that patch is missing.