Suitecrm and Clam AV/Sophos Anti-virus? šŸ¤”

So I found this section in the config.php file:

However interestingly enough there isnā€™t written a single word about it in the documentation about it and if you make a search on the internet there is extremely few internet pages mentioning anything about it.

1.) So do you any of you guys know how to do this?
2.) And if so did you get it successfully to work?

Thanksā€¦

I never read any docs about this either, and never tried it.

I see itā€™s called during file uploads.

I suppose you have to have either Clam AV or Sophos installed in Linux beforehand, for it to work.

However interestingly enough there isnā€™t written a single word about it in the documentation about it

Yes, unfortunately. It sems to me the only one mention of this functionality was in this PR:

Hmm that is both interesting and sad on the same time.
I mean the idea to implement some kind of virus scan to protect the system makes sense. Just hard to do it when there is no information/very little information.

It doesnā€™t look difficult - just install in Linux, and check if the configuration in config.php points to the correct path / options.

Then get the test file that every vendor recognizes as a virus and upload it into SuiteCRM: Download Anti Malware Testfile ā€“ Eicar

1 Like

There is another problem: this feature is not mentioned anywhere in the docs and, in fact, few people know about it.

1 Like

We hope to have some documentation up for this feature in the near future.

As @pgr has already highlighted the setup is mostly outwith SuiteCRM.

Itā€™s basically a connector to third party scanning engines. When using ClamAV, it should be configured to listen on a tcp socket. ClamAV can be installed on your SuiteCRM server, or ideally on a standalone server or isolated environment with network connectivity back to the clam tcp service.

Once clam is setup then update your config to point to the clam server, set the type to either ā€˜localā€™ or ā€˜remoteā€™ and change ā€˜enabledā€™ to true.

Hopefully this helps get you going.

3 Likes