SuiteCRM 8.2.3 index.php issue

Hello,

I am new to the SuiteCRM platform. I have setup Ubuntu Server 22.10 and setup the recommended LAMP stack requirements. I got SuiteCRM 8.2.3 installed and can login to it but noticed an issue. When accessing it by local IP for instance 192.168.1.1 it will redirect to 192.168.1.1/index.php/ and display a blank page. If I manually change to 192.168.1.1/index.php and remove the ‘/’ or do index.php# then it loads redirecting to 192.168.1.1/index.php#/

In .htaccess I have:

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>

# When mod_rewrite is not available, we instruct a temporary redirect of
# the start page to the front controller explicitly so that the website
# and the generated links can still be used.
RedirectMatch 307 ^/$ /index.php/
# RedirectTemp cannot be used instead

If I change index.php/ to index.php then going to the IP of the server like 192.168.x.x it loads just fine but I experience oddities within SuiteCRM especially in the admin side where it loads the page within a frame. Sort of a frame in frame issue. Putting the index.php/ back into .htaccess makes it not accessible by just going to the server IP.

Question is, why is the # there and how can I get 192.168.x.x to just load the index.php and display without needing # or #/ at the end?

I believe I figured it out. My Apache mod_rewrite had an issue and wasn’t enabling when I thought it was. I fixed the issue and then was able to enable the mod_rewrite and restart apache. Seems 8.2.3 is functional now.

1 Like