SuiteCRM 7.x vs 8.x

Hi all,

I’m wondering how many of you have upgraded your productions environment to 8.x? If i got it right, the 8.x is still a bit work in progress, and not everything is working as in the 7.x. I have tested briefly the 8.x version, and it looks and feels good, so SalesAgility has done a tremendous job with the 8.x.

“I have tested” is the key statement there.

It really depends on which parts of the CRM you use, the status of those features in v8.

I just don’t advise anyone to move to v8 without a thorough evaluation of the functionality you use. Other than that, it’s a good product and it will be a lot better when it’s more polished and finished than it is at the moment.

3 Likes

I’m wondering the same thing. I have been waiting till I hear that SuiteCRM 8 is either more stable or at least has all the feature polish/parity of suite 7x.

Does anyone have a feel for that timeline as to when that may be?

Thanks!

There is some information here:

Im still SuiteCRM 7.13.3 - Im waiting for the al clear before moving forward. Im hopeful. Really Im still getting my team up to speed with V7. Any new feature or work process seems to take time to get adoption. I had to recently fight off team members from trying to jump ship on to the pretty UI of SF etc.

For the most part I have 100% of my production clients on SuiteCRM 7. I have just built my first full production install for SuiteCRM 8. The client’s need’s are fairly basic, so I was comfortable with starting them on SuiteCRM 8. I was able to build with custom fields and custom modules without problems so far, but haven’t launched it yet.

My general hesitation based on trials over the last few years, is I kept running into features that weren’t done yet or had issues and there wasn’t the wealth of knowledge amoung other users to help me solve them. I also wasn’t clear the the backend logic was staying the same (I am now which makes me more comfortable). So at the moment I’m comfortable with a small install with very basic needs. I’ll let you know how it goes!

1 Like

Awesome. Keep us up to date Paul !! :joy: Need to get together with you soon. Suite8 Looks nice but function is key and 7.13 seems to be working quite well. For anyone, thinking about any upgrade, addon etc I definitely recommend having a development copy and testing everything there " very thoroughly". There are so many features, like mail, calendars, project management, menus etc. If you have any addons those will need to be considered as well.

Yeah! For us too. It is lots of work to update code from the PHP 7.x to 8.x version. I don’t know how many things will stop working after upgradation. :sweat_smile: :dizzy_face: