We are happy to announce the SuiteCRM 7.9 beta release (NOW Release Candidate) and the upcoming SuiteCRM 7.9 highlights. This thread will be a combination of what is upcoming in SuiteCRM 7.9 and what functionalities are available in the beta & Release Candidate release.
As this is a beta & Releaset Candidate release we highly discourage using these packages on a production environment! The aim of this thread is to allow users to discuss and provide feedback on the features specific to SuiteCRM 7.9 and wish to ask questions about those features. We will update this thread with each beta/release candidate to provide the latest of what to expect and hopefully maintain all the feedback in one place.
[size=5]Raising Bugs for Beta & Release Candidate[/size]
We encourage you first look at the Release Notes to confirm if the bug you are experience is either still an in development feature or not. If it is not then please raise the bug here (if you need clarification) or on Github – but please DO SPECIFY the release being Beta & Release Candidate.
So without further a do…
[size=5]SuiteCRM 7.9 Highlights (scheduled w/c 22nd May 2017)[/size]
[size=4]New and Responsive Email Client[/size]
- New design for SuiteP
- Use the new Filters to search for Imported and non Imported Emails
- Compose directly via Email’s list view with responsive popup window
- Improved HTML support
- Attach multiple files to Emails via browse button
- Extendible by Developers - a new compose view, support upgrade safe customisations, new message box plugin for creating modal dialogs in SuiteCRM and more
- The Email List View displays the emails from the IMAP server without importing
- Improved performance of importing Emails
- Maintaining standard functionality – related records to emails, individually importing emails, and more
[size=4]Email Template Enhancements [/size]
- Ability to choose between three available Editors - Raw HTML, Tiny MCE and Mozaik editor
- Ability to set the width and colour of the Content container - only available on Mozaik editor
[size=4]Other campaign enhancements [/size]
- Improve Reminders in performance
- Improve View Summary design - including the ability to filter
- Community enhancements
- Deprecation of Suite7 and SuiteR - don’t worry, we have announced LTS for 7.8.x
That is for the SuiteCRM 7.9 which is scheduled to be released w/c 22nd May 2017.
We have now release the SuiteCRM 7.9 Release Candidate.
[size=5]SuiteCRM 7.9 Release Candidate[/size]
Again, this release is NOT to be used on a production environment and there are known issues but when raised we will label as so.
New Design for SuiteP
Moved Email Settings into User Profile
Standardised Email Client using SuiteCRM List, Edit and Detail View
Introducing new Compose View
Using new Filters to search Emails (non imported currently)
Compose directly via the ListView without disrupting your workflow
Improved HTML support
Select multiple files on Upload via Compose
Added Attachment support - icons by type of file
Email Client provides upgrade safe customisations
New message box plugin for creating modals dialogs in SuiteCRM
Set up Group & Personal emails accounts
Viewing/Moving between Mailboxes (folders)
View, Relate and Edit imported emails
View and Import emails which have not being imported via the List view or the Detail view
Easily pull in an Email Template when Composing
Quickly refresh Current Folder
Compose from the List view from other modules
Compose from the Detail view from other modules
Selecting and Individually Importing Emails
Ability to set the width of a Mozaik Email Template main container and centred.
Ability to select a User’s preferred Email Template Editor (Direct HTML, Mozaik, and Tiny MCE)
View Summary provides module grouping and updated styling
Developers can easily add new buttons (BulkActions) and scripts to the List View and Compose View using the same method for existing Detail/Edit View.
[size=4]Features in Development[/size]
Filtering/Sorting Emails using custom CRM fields
Mass Update Emails
Please see the Release Notes (but included it here for reference)
Download the packages from SuiteCRM website
[size=4]Screenshots of New Email Client[/size]
Email Client List View
Email Client Detail View
Email Client Compose
[size=4]Screenshots of Preferred Email Template Editor[/size]
Selecting your preferred Editor
Selected Editor on Campaigns Wizard and Email Template
[size=4]Screenshots of View Summary[/size]