SuiteCRM 7.9 Release Candidate Released (SuiteCRM 7.9 Highlights)

Hi everyone

We are happy to announce the SuiteCRM 7.9 beta release (NOW Release Candidate) and the upcoming SuiteCRM 7.9 highlights. This thread will be a combination of what is upcoming in SuiteCRM 7.9 and what functionalities are available in the beta & Release Candidate release.

As this is a beta & Releaset Candidate release we highly discourage using these packages on a production environment! The aim of this thread is to allow users to discuss and provide feedback on the features specific to SuiteCRM 7.9 and wish to ask questions about those features. We will update this thread with each beta/release candidate to provide the latest of what to expect and hopefully maintain all the feedback in one place.

[size=5]Raising Bugs for Beta & Release Candidate[/size]

We encourage you first look at the Release Notes to confirm if the bug you are experience is either still an in development feature or not. If it is not then please raise the bug here (if you need clarification) or on Github – but please DO SPECIFY the release being Beta & Release Candidate.

So without further a do…

[size=5]SuiteCRM 7.9 Highlights (scheduled w/c 22nd May 2017)[/size]

[size=4]Features[/size]
[size=4]New and Responsive Email Client[/size]

1. New design for SuiteP
  2. Use the new Filters to search for Imported and non Imported Emails
  3. Compose directly via Email’s list view with responsive popup window
  4. Improved HTML support
  5. Attach multiple files to Emails via browse button
  6. Extendible by Developers - a new compose view, support upgrade safe customisations, new message box plugin for creating modal dialogs in SuiteCRM and more
  7. The Email List View displays the emails from the IMAP server without importing
  8. Improved performance of importing Emails
  9. Maintaining standard functionality – related records to emails, individually importing emails, and more

[size=4]Email Template Enhancements [/size]

1. Ability to choose between three available Editors - Raw HTML, Tiny MCE and Mozaik editor
  2. Ability to set the width and colour of the Content container - only available on Mozaik editor

[size=4]Other campaign enhancements [/size]

1. Improve Reminders in performance
  2. Improve View Summary design - including the ability to filter
  3. Community enhancements
  4. Deprecation of Suite7 and SuiteR - don’t worry, we have announced LTS for 7.8.x

That is for the SuiteCRM 7.9 which is scheduled to be released w/c 22nd May 2017.

We have now release the SuiteCRM 7.9 Release Candidate.

[size=5]SuiteCRM 7.9 Release Candidate[/size]
Again, this release is NOT to be used on a production environment and there are known issues but when raised we will label as so.

[size=4]Features[/size]
[size=4]Email Client[/size]

New Design for SuiteP
Moved Email Settings into User Profile
Standardised Email Client using SuiteCRM List, Edit and Detail View
Introducing new Compose View
Using new Filters to search Emails (non imported currently)
Compose directly via the ListView without disrupting your workflow
Improved HTML support
Select multiple files on Upload via Compose
Added Attachment support - icons by type of file
Email Client provides upgrade safe customisations
New message box plugin for creating modals dialogs in SuiteCRM
Set up Group & Personal emails accounts
Viewing/Moving between Mailboxes (folders)
View, Relate and Edit imported emails
View and Import emails which have not being imported via the List view or the Detail view
Easily pull in an Email Template when Composing
Quickly refresh Current Folder
Compose from the List view from other modules
Compose from the Detail view from other modules
Selecting and Individually Importing Emails

[size=4]Campaigns[/size]

Ability to set the width of a Mozaik Email Template main container and centred.
Ability to select a User’s preferred Email Template Editor (Direct HTML, Mozaik, and Tiny MCE)

[size=4]Other Enhancements[/size]

View Summary provides module grouping and updated styling
Trace Logging
Developers can easily add new buttons (BulkActions) and scripts to the List View and Compose View using the same method for existing Detail/Edit View.

[size=4]Features in Development[/size]

Filtering/Sorting Emails using custom CRM fields
Drafts
Mass Update Emails
Reply To
Deleting Emails

Please see the Release Notes (but included it here for reference)

Download the packages from SuiteCRM website

[size=4]Screenshots of New Email Client[/size]

Email Client List View

Email Client Detail View

Email Client Compose

[size=4]Screenshots of Preferred Email Template Editor[/size]

Selecting your preferred Editor

Selected Editor on Campaigns Wizard and Email Template

[size=4]Screenshots of View Summary[/size]

Hi,

I just want to say that I am super happy with your focus on e-mail for this release. I made an implementation of SuiteCRM for our company (very small), and lack of proper e-mail support was the main reason we’re not using it now. I’ll make a renewed attempt at SuiteCRM once this is out of beta. Thanks!

Benjamin

1 Like

On the actual (for old versions) bugs with PR posted on github:
Should we test them (and related PR) against this release or just the hotfix branch?

Suite 7.9 beta tested
Apache 2.4.18 / PHP 7.0.11 / Mysql 5.7.17
Firefox on windows 10

Translations created from Crowdin works fine.
SuiteCRM application works fine too (general navigation with demo data)

Not sure if I understand you correctly Horus - let me know if I haven’t.

1. Any bug fixes regarding to hotfix will always be merged into the Beta, Release Candidate and the Production so if you continue testing on the hotfix branch (and PRs related) when merged they will be included in the 7.9 next release.

2. Testing develop branches you are more than happy to do so (which we’ve seen already) and they would be merged into develop and thus into the next release. But generic bugs should be kept to hotfix so 7.8.x and 7.9 get the fixes.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Guys,

That’s the thread been updated to include the updated 7.9 status - Release Candidate.

We have provided Release Notes for SuiteCRM 7.9 RC and screenshots are available on this top post.

Release Notes - Release Candidate

Screenshots (see top post)

Thanks for the clarification, its now clear to me.

Dear Team,

Could you please tell the approx period of SuiteCRM 7.9 release for production?

Thank you,
Myroslava

The Production Release for 7.9 is w/c 22nd May (next week).

Usually we aim to have a immediate release after 7.9.0 to resolve any release issues. This is scheduled usually 1-2 weeks after the production release (unless there is a serious issue that needs to be address to which it would be sooner).

Hope that clarifies your question. :slight_smile:

any news about the 7.9 official release?

1 Like

Hello suiteCRM Team.

Tested a lot of tools, the suiteCRM ist one of the best of all.

Your update is fantastic, thank you for this. I tried it yesterday, have some questions and possible suggestions:

1. Dont find the reply/reply all button in the new E-Mail Modul :frowning: Tried a lot of things but its not possible to answer … maybe I am blind?

2. Some mails dont show their content although all email-settings was done by checking secure HTML-Codes

3. Cant switch to mozaic-Editor, its always the tinyMCE - its fantastic that there is a new one :slight_smile:

4. Why the new tinyMCE is not updated and supported in the other tools ?

5. It would be “big stuff”, if there is a possibility to setup the tinyMCE in other textboxes without hardcoding.

except of all this, the update from the suiteP theme works like a charm :slight_smile:

We are falling in love with the suiteCRM, it was a reason to cancel all MS-Exchange-Outlook stuff in 2016! :slight_smile:
So we are very interested to support this work to connect all the ideas, developing indepence and freedom :slight_smile:

Cheers from munich;
matthias

1 Like

@Basisplanbasis you are spot on with good questions. Is there a @samus-aran in chat? #isthistwitter #howdoyouforum

HI chinboy11 and Basisplanbasis,

We are now on 7.9.2 - see announcement here.

https://suitecrm.com/forum/announcements/14874-suitecrm-7-9-2-maintenance-patch-now-available#50055

Regards to the additional questions hopefully I can answer them here.

Basisplanbasis wrote:

1. Dont find the reply/reply all button in the new E-Mail Modul :frowning: Tried a lot of things but its not possible to answer … maybe I am blind?
  • Nope you certainly aren’t blind :slight_smile: - That was released in 7.9.1
  1. Some mails dont show their content although all email-settings was done by checking secure HTML-Codes
  • That was a bug corrected by 7.9.1
  1. Cant switch to mozaic-Editor, its always the tinyMCE - its fantastic that there is a new one :slight_smile:
  • Interesting… Didn’t hear that issue before. Is it still an issue? The Editor is changeable via the User Profile.
  1. Why the new tinyMCE is not updated and supported in the other tools ?
  • We focused on the Email templates at th emoment. Plans are in place to update all third party libraries using composer in the next version (7.10)
  1. It would be “big stuff”, if there is a possibility to setup the tinyMCE in other textboxes without hardcoding.
  • You could be able to do so using vardefs but that type of functionality of change the type of a field will always be done via code. Is that what you are asking?