I’m attempting a fresh install of SuiteCRM 7.7.4 on a new VM running Windows Server 2012 R2. I’ve successfully setup PHP 7 on IIS 8.5 and have copied the source from the SuiteCRM zip to a new web application.
When accessing the install.php site I receive a 500 internal server error. Problem is I get no detail of the error, no log entries in the server logs or the php error logs and only the basic 500 response log in the iis logs. I’ve tried changing the display_errors setting in the PHP ini and the only change is that instead of receiving the generic html error page I receive a completely blank page, as in empty body tag.
I’m not a php guy and haven’t ever seen behavior like this from IIS so I did some googling and ended up commenting the @ error suppression prefixes within install.php. That didn’t change anything.