SuiteCRM 7.5 Release Candidate Released

SuiteCRM 7.5 Release Candidate, the latest cutting edge and unstable release is now available to download.

This Release SHOULD NOT be used in a Production Environment

This release gives you the chance to try out new features and bug fixes coming in 7.5:

• Cleaner Reports Interface - Making the report writer and results view more user friendly and less cluttered.
  • OR Conditions - Improving your ability to refine results using a mixture of OR as well as AND logical operators.
  • New Charting Engine - New and improved charts for both dashlets and reporting within SuiteCRM.

Thanks to everyone who contributed so far.

SuiteCRM 7.5 Production Release - 18th January 2016

All input is welcome.

The SuiteCRM Team.

Great news.

Will, what is the process for including code updates in the next release? I have some modifications to WorkFlow that won’t be upgrade safe unless included in core.

~eric

If it is a bug fix, please create a pull request for your code changes on the hotfix branch on the SuiteCRM GitHub Repository.

If it is a new development, please create a pull request for the develop branch.

Thanks,

Will.

In my test environment, I’ve tried upgrading from 7.4 to 7.5RC. After copying files, at a next step, it quit with a 500 error.

I’m running on Windows Server 2013 with Apache 2.2.31 & PHP 5.3.9, an older but what I thought to be very stable combination in testing so far. (we currently run production in less than ideal conditions)

PHP log shows:
[15-Jan-2016 22:31:21 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(modules/Favorites/Favorites.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Apache\htdocs\crm\include\MVC\View\SugarView.php on line 461
[15-Jan-2016 22:31:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘modules/Favorites/Favorites.php’ (include_path=‘C:\Apache\htdocs\crm;C:\Apache\htdocs\crm\include\HTMLPurifier/standalone;C:\Apache\htdocs\crm\include/…;.;C:\php\pear’) in C:\Apache\htdocs\crm\include\MVC\View\SugarView.php on line 461

Also shows this, but I see it’s been there a while, unnoticed since the app ran smoothly:
[15-Jan-2016 22:30:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘c:\php\ext\php_sqlsrv.dll’ - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
[15-Jan-2016 22:30:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘c:\php\ext\php_wincache.dll’ - The specified module could not be found.

The SuiteCRM log really shows nothing unusual that I can see, so I think it all has to do with the Favorites.php . I thought Apache in Windows didn’t care about permissions like IIS or a Linux instance, and everything was fine before attempting the update, so I’m drawing a blank. I’d rather not revert my Test instance, but I can…