Suite CRM Upgrade 7.8.x to 7.10.27 failing due to undefined method

Hi Guys. I am trying the standard upgrade mentioned in the Suite CRM site from version 7.8 to 7.10.27. I am getting the below warning and at the end there is a fatal error. [Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.27/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php:51]

Notice: Undefined index: additional_step in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/index.php on line 291

Notice: Undefined index: installing in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/scripts/pre_install.php on line 63

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 608

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 692

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 608

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 692

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.27/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php:51 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(719): require() #1 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(771): EditViewMerge->loadData(‘Accounts’, ‘modules/Account…’, ‘/var/www/html/s…’, ‘custom/modules/…’) #2 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(217): EditViewMerge->merge(‘Accounts’, ‘modules/Account…’, ‘/var/www/html/s…’, ‘custom/modules/…’, true) #3 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(185): SugarMerge->mergeFile(‘Accounts’, ‘detailviewdefs…’, true, true) #4 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(153): SugarMerge->mergeModule(‘Accounts’, true, true, true) #5 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/commit.php(274): SugarMerge->mergeAll(true, true, true) #6 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/index.php(292): require(’/var/www/html/s…’) #7 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(777): include_once(’/var/www/html/s…’) #8 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(74): SugarView->includeClassicFile(‘cache/smarty/te…’) #9 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(196): ViewClassic->display() #10 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(371): SugarView->process() #11 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(318): SugarController->processView() #12 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(105): SugarController->execute() #13 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute() #14 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.27/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php on line 51

My php version is - PHP 7.1.33

I am already doing it in a test server, so I am ready to experiment any of the fixes you suggest. Please help me on this

See the release notes, there is an upgrade patch to be loaded through Module Loader

Hi @pgr, Thank You for responding. I have tried the patch and it is now showing bad the below file as bad permissions
“/modules/UpgradeWizard/.index.php.swp”

But I couldn’t find that file.

On trying again I get the below screen. The issue is not mentioned and Next button is not visible.

Is the warning message on the top regarding Undefined Index: additional_step breaking it?

No, that notice is not breaking it, you can ignore that.

Is this Wndows or Linux?

This is Linux, CentOS

Sorry. I’ve seen other people here with that bug, not getting a “Next” button, but I’ve never been able to reproduce it here, and I don’t know of a solution :frowning:

oh ok. Thanks for the reply @pgr . I will stick with 7.8 as of now then.

I’m in the same boat here with the:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs()

on the upgrade.

That one is fixed on the extra package, I believe.

We have the same LTS upgrade (7.8.x to 7.10.29) with the same error message, but after installing the 1.0.1 patch there is no change - we are still getting the EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() error.

Any advice?

I ran into same error. don’t recall how I got around it, but this ended up working as my upgrade path. Been using SuiteCRM for years, and have always found upgrading must be done in small jumps.

Rebuild everything possible
Increase memory limits in PHP
Turn off warnings in PHP
(if fails go to C:\wamp64\www\SuiteCRM\cache\upgrades\temp and delete file)
7.8.4 to 7.8.10
7.8.10 to 7.8.29
ran the batch file to create theme cach directorys - see documents
7.8.x to 7.9.16
7.9.16 to 7.10.6
7.10.x to 7.11.18

this is what was in the batch file mentioned above

mkdir C:\wamp64\www\SuiteCRM\cache\themes\Sugar5\modules
mkdir C:\wamp64\www\SuiteCRM\cache\themes\KOSS_Green\modules
mkdir C:\wamp64\www\SuiteCRM\cache\themes\SuiteP\modules
mkdir C:\wamp64\www\SuiteCRM\cache\themes\SuitePImproved\modules
mkdir C:\wamp64\www\SuiteCRM\cache\themes\SuiteR\modules

This helped me with upgrading old SuiteCRM instance. Had same error about getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs.

Just copy those files from upgrading package into your system before running the upgrade from Administration page.