Suite 8.1 Installation

Hey pgr,

Right, thanks!

Looking at the recommended installation pre requisites checking from my phpinfo I noticed that:

• “sprite” does not appear

Is that essential?

Regarding the backup, I would stay with exporting the database and copying the custom directory, but
maybe you have a more fast and secure method, don’t you?

Thanks
Mario

I suggest you start your own thread, and give all the details in one place. This thread involves several people, different versions etc, it’s confusing.

About the migration, you can only migrate a database between the same versions of SuiteCRM (in other words, don’t attempt a migrate & upgrade in one go), but the method is the one you mentioned - SQL export/import, copy custom dir.

If you have custom modules from Module Builder, you need to cherry-pick them from modules dir.

Hi pgr,

Ok I will open a thread in case of need (i.e. sprite?)

Thanks!
Mario

I have no idea what that Sprite support is about. If I had your technical details (OS, PHP version) it’s possible that I would have already given you a simple apt-get command with all you need.

Hi @mariofucile
Best is if your host offers host backups. It is way more stable and secure.

As for the installation you can always later as post task harden the secuirty. Make sure you do not make a super complex password in the start as the install sometimes troll a bit. Make a easy one and after the system has been installed go back to MariaDB/Mysql and change the DB user to a more complex password and then lastly add that to the SuiteCRM config file.

Kind regards
PowerQuest