Sugar migration to Suite - bug or change in function?

Hi Suite Community!
I have been using Sugar 6.4 successfully for several years and decided to migrate to Suite.
I upgraded and migrated without a problem but now find emails in group inboxes are not moved out of the inbox when replied to or related to a contact or lead.

Without this happening, inboxes will get huge and users wont know which emails have been actioned already.

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug, a faulty upgrade/migration, or is the function no longer available in Sugar 6.5/Suite?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Which version of SuiteCRM are you on? Email is currently an issue with rapid evolution, there are new things coming out every week, and there are a few bugs in the most recent versions.

Thanks for your reply - I am on Version 7.6.6
Sugar Version 6.5.23 (Build 1061)

Hi

Basically, I don0t know the answer to your question.

Itā€™s hard for me to test on 7.6.6 since itā€™s such an old version.

I would definitely recommend that you keep upgrading all the way up to 7.8.5. This will bring you a lot of important security fixes, as well as new features and hundreds of bug fixes.

I donā€™t currently recommend upgrading to 7.9.1, the new email client still needs bugfixes.

Thanks for your futher reply and suggestion pgr.

Trying to upgrade, reveals I cannot access the ā€˜Upgrade Wizardā€™ :frowning:
Trying gives the following error:
Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Error message:
mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 360 seconds
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

I cannot find anything on the forums showing others have had a similar issue so am stuck until I can find a fix for this.
Any thoughts?

I really hope you donā€™t have any corruption in your database, these errors are a bit worrying.

Here are a few loose ideas for you to investigate:

• There is a setting called max_execution_time in your php.ini. You might try increasing that. But timing out after 360 (6 minutes) is already a lotā€¦

• You might also want to check your database. go into MySQL or phpMyAdmin and try any database checks and repairs that you can find. Make sure you backup first.

• check the size of your tables to see if thereā€™s any obviously overgrown table that doesnā€™t match your expectations regarding the size of your data:

hereā€™s a fancy query to get a view of your database sizes:

SELECT CONCAT(table_schema, '.', table_name),
       CONCAT(ROUND(table_rows / 1000000, 2), 'M')                                    rows,
       CONCAT(ROUND(data_length / ( 1024 * 1024 * 1024 ), 2), 'G')                    DATA,
       CONCAT(ROUND(index_length / ( 1024 * 1024 * 1024 ), 2), 'G')                   idx,
       CONCAT(ROUND(( data_length + index_length ) / ( 1024 * 1024 * 1024 ), 2), 'G') total_size,
       ROUND(index_length / data_length, 2)                                           idxfrac
FROM   information_schema.TABLES
ORDER  BY data_length + index_length DESC
LIMIT  10;
  • Also, if you have a clone or a test system that you can experiment on, I would try upgrading PHP. You might simply be getting caught in a disparity between an old PHP and a newer SuiteCRM. But when upgrading PHP proceed with care, any glitch might leave your server unusable. Compared to the old versions, PHP 7 is way faster and a lot better in terms of security.

Thanks for your further input and suggestions pgr
I am not a coder, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I have done many, many clone and upgrade efforts over the last week and could get from the original 6.4 Sugar to Suite 7.8.5 via a different route than I originally took i.e. with far more versions inbetween than the migration and single upgrade from 6.5 to 7.6.6 I originally chose.

However, the 7.8.5 upgrade has the same issue with emails not removing from inbox after replying or ā€˜relatingā€™ to a record as they used to in 6.4
I still do not know if this is a bug or a change in function.
Can I ask what version you are on and how do emails behave for you?
i.e. do they vanish from the inbox once actioned, replied or related?

Re php - my server is on php 7 but my CRMs were on 5.6 via .htaccess, I removed that so it was running on php 7 (my 7.6.6 copy) and cannot see any difference in function, but I still get the same timeout error when trying to use the Upgrade Wizard too :frowning:

I had a developer fix some issues on the 7.6.6 version which I am loathe to lose if I go back to the 6.4 alternative upgrade to be able to get to 7.8.5 as I will lose the fixes and still have the issues it seems.

Can I ask how would I know if the database was corrupted?
I do not know what size tables should be to know if any look wrong, but the dev. did say the emails_text table is big - it is around 400MB

The dev suggested deleting all the old emails, but the point of the CRM is to keep a history of the exchanges and deleting the emails from the inbox, deletes them from the history too.

One odd thing I noticed, is the latest clone/copy the database is a different size than the original when content is imported to a new database to create the clone version.
Is this unusual?
Could it indicate a database problem?

Any extra input/suggestions welcome :slight_smile:

Itā€™s hard to try and help on so many different ā€œfrontsā€ at the same time.

Idā€™ say:

• stay on version 7.8.5.

• stay on PHP 7

• forget about database size unless youā€™re getting long delays or database errors (400MB doesnā€™t seem too big for email anyway unless you have a really slow machine).

• focus on one thing that is creating problems for you and try to really fix it

About this ā€œemails not removing from inbox after replying or ā€˜relatingā€™ to a recordā€, I really donā€™t know if itā€™s a bug or an intended ā€œfeatureā€. I donā€™t use email myself, Iā€™ve only tried it for some tests, but currently I donā€™t even have it working. But you can

• investigate it, maybe get the developer to look at that, debug the code, check the logs, etc.

• test it installing a fresh version of 7.8.5 with no data, and try just that to see how it works